Xavier Worthy: So far, not much more than a gadget guy

Logic

8 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

And he beat his guy by like 5 yards on the crosser on 3rd down that sealed the game for them yesterday.

This 👆🏾! Last week in ATL he stopped before the first down and nearly cost them the game.

this week he did what he was supposed to. So he can definitely learn and be coached. Most importantly he *is* being coached.

The Bills can’t do for their WRs what they’re doing for their DBs.

Keon might be a game changer maybe in a year or two. Worthy is a game changer now. Even with a small sample size of 4 games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

To be fair, Tyreek Hill was never supposed to be Tyreek Hill either. Otherwise he wouldn’t have been picked in the 5th round. 

I think choking his pregnant gf in college had something to do with that too. 

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, I hate that we're going to have a week-to-week evaluation of Worthy vs. Coleman.

In 5 years, we'll know if we did the right thing.  Though I don't think we were EVER considering Worthy.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

To be fair, Tyreek Hill was never supposed to be Tyreek Hill either. Otherwise he wouldn’t have been picked in the 5th round. 

No, Tyreek Hill fell to the 5th round because he beat the crap out of his pregnant girlfriend in college.  Same woman and kid he has since had domestic abuse allegations come up with since being in the NFL.  Otherwise he would have been a much earlier pick.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, cale said:

This 👆🏾! Last week in ATL he stopped before the first down and nearly cost them the game.

this week he did what he was supposed to. So he can definitely learn and be coached. Most importantly he *is* being coached.

The Bills can’t do for their WRs what they’re doing for their DBs.

Keon might be a game changer maybe in a year or two. Worthy is a game changer now. Even with a small sample size of 4 games.

2 catches a game as a starting WR for the Chiefs with Mahomes and Andy Reid makes him a "game changer"?  Feels a bit extreme.  

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, Success said:

Honestly, I hate that we're going to have a week-to-week evaluation of Worthy vs. Coleman.

In 5 years, we'll know if we did the right thing.  Though I don't think we were EVER considering Worthy.

The Bills never for a moment considered drafting Mahomes yet they still get lit up for "giving him" on a platter to Kansas City.  Like it was some sort of planned move to hand KC all these Super Bowl rings.  Give KC, Reid, etc. credit for moving up to take a QB no one else was drafting in that spot.  I don't have anything against Worthy but i hope he flames out.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Week 4 sure changed a lot of narratives around here…

Haha I agree in the complete opposite way if I’m interpreting this post correctly.  Coleman looks like the more complete player to me and it’s honestly not particularly close.  We’ll see though as worthy is gonna have more opportunities now.  Worthy just jaunting past a corner and a safety on a go route is not gonna be there for him the vast majority of the time…I have absolutely no idea what the chargers defense was doing on that play 😂. Coleman made some big time plays in tight coverage during an everything going wrong type of game and had a couple open deep shots if the oline held up a split second longer

dewayne Carter who we ended up grabbing from that trade down is lookin pretty good too seems like he immediately phased out Austin Johnson 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

2 catches a game as a starting WR for the Chiefs with Mahomes and Andy Reid makes him a "game changer"?  Feels a bit extreme.  

Chargers defense just refused to cover worthy on that play that everyone is overreacting to lol his two statement plays have been busted coverage type situations.  I honestly think there’s a real chance the chiefs got absolutely fleeced on that trade…Carter is looking pretty good early 

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Chargers defense just refused to cover worthy on that play that everyone is overreacting to lol his two statement plays have been busted coverage type situations.  I honestly think there’s a real chance the chiefs got absolutely fleeced on that trade…Carter is looking pretty good early 

If you bring Carter into consideration, don’t forget the Chiefs got a 4th round pick in Jaden Hicks as well.  I’m excited about Carter after he flashed on Sunday night, hopefully he can keep it up if given expanded opportunities.  Time will tell how the deal ends up working out for both sides.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gm-report/chiefs-hint-at-desire-to-expand-role-of-rookie-safety-jaden-hicks

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

The Bills never for a moment considered drafting Mahomes yet they still get lit up for "giving him" on a platter to Kansas City.  Like it was some sort of planned move to hand KC all these Super Bowl rings.  Give KC, Reid, etc. credit for moving up to take a QB no one else was drafting in that spot.  I don't have anything against Worthy but i hope he flames out.

Yes they did. 

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/25/report-terry-pegula-loved-patrick-mahomes-bills-thought-hed-fall/

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How many does Keon have that mattered? Teams are accounting for Worthy. Nothing against Keon I like him. But honestly do we really think he isn't affecting the game in a positive way for KC? Regardless of the number of catches?

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Yeah. It was reported that Peluga coveted him but our coach wanted Tre. TBH we had many needs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, 90sBills said:

I think choking his pregnant gf in college had something to do with that too. 

He’s human scum.

1 minute ago, Savage said:

He’s human scum.

And the NFL is a joke.

many of these players should be in prison, and would be if they were not playing in the NFL.

every now and then, the NFL decides to make an example of a border line NFLer, just to placate idiot fans who are too stupid to realize any better.

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Haha I agree in the complete opposite way if I’m interpreting this post correctly.  Coleman looks like the more complete player to me and it’s honestly not particularly close.  We’ll see though as worthy is gonna have more opportunities now.  Worthy just jaunting past a corner and a safety on a go route is not gonna be there for him the vast majority of the time…I have absolutely no idea what the chargers defense was doing on that play 😂. Coleman made some big time plays in tight coverage during an everything going wrong type of game and had a couple open deep shots if the oline held up a split second longer

dewayne Carter who we ended up grabbing from that trade down is lookin pretty good too seems like he immediately phased out Austin Johnson 

If you've followed Andy Reid's career, you know that rookie WRs almost never burst out of the gates. You're lucky if they produce by the end of their rookie season. He just requires them to learn so much more than most coaches ask of their rookies, and the offense is more complex than most. 

With that in mind, Worthy's done great so far. Almost 200 total yds and 3 TDs, while sharing the field with Kelce and an extremely high-usage WR. With multiple flashy plays and great ball-tracking skills. Couldn't ask for too much more at this point. He also passed the test of stepping up in Rice's absence with flying colors. 

2 hours ago, Savage said:

He’s human scum.

And the NFL is a joke.

many of these players should be in prison, and would be if they were not playing in the NFL.

every now and then, the NFL decides to make an example of a border line NFLer, just to placate idiot fans who are too stupid to realize any better.

Is Von Miller scum too? Should he be in prison?

Still not much of a believer in Worthy at least based on what we've seen so far. I don't think teams are going to let him beat them with a simple go route anymore. They should have already known, but it's on tape now. Especially with Rice gone, Worthy is going to have to show he can win in the short/intermediate game.

I'm not writing him off or anything, but he's just a rookie. Most rookie WRs don't produce that much unless they are top-10 picks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

If you've followed Andy Reid's career, you know that rookie WRs almost never burst out of the gates. You're lucky if they produce by the end of their rookie season. He just requires them to learn so much more than most coaches ask of their rookies, and the offense is more complex than most. 

With that in mind, Worthy's done great so far. Almost 200 total yds and 3 TDs, while sharing the field with Kelce and an extremely high-usage WR. With multiple flashy plays and great ball-tracking skills. Couldn't ask for too much more at this point. He also passed the test of stepping up in Rice's absence with flying colors. 

Reid’s career is also littered with early round wr busts so I guess we’ll see lol. The guy busts on wrs as much as anybody.  In fact knowing Reid’s career is what makes me think worthy will probably bust 🤣 my favorite nfl beef is even keeled bill belichick saying notable Andy Reid draft pick Freddie Mitchell ‘is terrible and you can print that’ haha if Reid didn’t botch that pick the eagles likely win that 04 Super Bowl 

2 of those worthy plays accounted for 89 yards and 2 TDs on just dreadful defense/blown coverage.  That really shouldn’t swing someone objectively looking at worthy’s game in either direction  

sometimes reids wr hits don’t jump out in the stats department early that much i agree with but watching them on film you could tell they had it.  Worthy is below that line imo.  There is nothing he has done that mecole hardman couldn’t do 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Worthy is pretty much the WR we thought he would be in the Kansas City offense.  The lamenting from some Bills fans is ridiculous.  

It’s interesting how with the WR injuries in KC, everyone is talking about making a trade.  I think it speaks volumes to Worthy’s role in this offense.  

With that being said, I wasn’t crazy with how the Bills approached the WR position and would love for the team to have someone that can threaten to go deep like Worthy

2 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

He passed the test by catching 3 balls 👍🏻