Xavier Worthy: So far, not much more than a gadget guy

Logic

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Bro has 9 catches in 5 games, averages 3 targets per game, and has 193 total yards. That's about 38 total yards per game. He scored twice in the opener and has two since. He really is meh. People over here like:

Excited Freak Out GIF

Coleman vs Worthy is the problem for Buffalo, Coleman is already decent and probably will end up being very good. Problem for Buffalo is MVS, Samuel and Hollins are playing 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He is averaging just over 2 catches a game as a full time starter the whole season with Mahomes and Andy Reid.  Let’s relax before we get him his gold jacket.

Under 5  targets every game until tonight too where he had six and not a lot of receiving yards.  Couple pass interference ish penalties that could’ve gone either way…the one that was called definitely did not look like pi to me though. 

there’s somewhat of a myth I’d argue that Reid brings receivers on slow because of tyreek/rashee but tyreek was starting slow wherever he went because he only had one year at a big college before getting kicked out for beating his girlfriend.  He wasn’t really pro ready. 

rice was getting more targets early than worthy has but was not gifted a blown coverage td which is still kind of distorting the stats..  worthy is actually getting a lot more snaps early than rice did..  rashee seems like he had limited opportunities to get on the field early because they didn’t want to give up on skyy moore too soon.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

first round pick trade aside, worthy gives them blinding speed, and they use him to take advantage of that (not a lot, but a td is a td).

we have two speed guys on O, cook and samuels (assuming his toe isn't a club at this point).  what are we doing with them?  cook has been quietly really good, but we don't seem to have a smart run game going on.  samuels doesn't even run routes for us really, just lines up for filthy gadget mistakes and doomed screens.

speed kills,we could use some, and we should use what we have.

• Agree 1

That huge heave by Mahomes to Worthy last night was totally designed for DPI...  what smart play.  They had no chance of completing that, and Worthy was smart too by hand fighting with the Saints DB towards the end to make DPI even more noticeable.  

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

That huge heave by Mahomes to Worthy last night was totally designed for DPI...  what smart play.  They had no chance of completing that, and Worthy was smart too by hand fighting with the Saints DB towards the end to make DPI even more noticeable.  

We never seem to do this.  Brady was the master. mahomes is great at it.  This may be the critical QB talent that does not appear in the stats. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, colin said:

first round pick trade aside, worthy gives them blinding speed, and they use him to take advantage of that (not a lot, but a td is a td).

we have two speed guys on O, cook and samuels (assuming his toe isn't a club at this point).  what are we doing with them?  cook has been quietly really good, but we don't seem to have a smart run game going on.  samuels doesn't even run routes for us really, just lines up for filthy gadget mistakes and doomed screens.

speed kills,we could use some, and we should use what we have.

Our entire team look stuck in molasses. 

• Eyeroll 1

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All that speed.

Kind of matches what I’ve seen, the guy gets a lot of snaps so anyone saying Reid is holding him back is full of it imo.  You’re not gonna trot a guy out there that often that you have no real intention of using properly.

Home run threat that isn’t particularly well rounded was the concern in the draft and nothing has alleviated that yet..  doesn’t mean he won’t develop to be great though 

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All that speed.

AD Mitchell:  20 targets, 6 catches, 70 yards, 0 TDs, 2 rushes, 14 yards, 0 TDs

Ja’Lynn Polk:  19 targets, 9 catches, 74 yards, 1 TD, 1 rush, 0 yards, 0 TDs

• 2 weeks later...

So far, Coleman looks like Gabe Davis with Hands.  That’s not a bad thing, hopefully he keeps developing and can consistently be a factor.  He looks to be running more of a variety of routes now, so I’d say the progress is there, he’s doing as much as we should hope for thus far.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, DCofNC said:

So far, Coleman looks like Gabe Davis with Hands.  That’s not a bad thing, hopefully he keeps developing and can consistently be a factor.  He looks to be running more of a variety of routes now, so I’d say the progress is there, he’s doing as much as we should hope for thus far.

I don't think Davis could run a simple slant with anything approaching consistency. Keon looks like a much more versatile WR to me than Davis with hands.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I don't think Davis could run a simple slant with anything approaching consistency. Keon looks like a much more versatile WR to me than Davis with hands.

Keon has more body control and confidence (mental focus);  whereas Gabe a better blocker.

• Agree 3

48 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I was a Gabe hater, but let’s not act like he doesn’t belong on the field.   Keon should continue to develop into a more impactful guy and we’re all excited for that.