9/23/24 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jaguars MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

Predictions for the night:

The breakout games we've been waiting for on Coleman and/or Samuel. A weaker and depleted secondary paired with a stronger front 7 will have Brady use motion to get matchups he likes and exploit them.

Etienne gashes the Bills but the team plays disguised zone coverage to force Lawrence to deal short accurate passes.

Josh takes a big run due to the man coverage.

Jags hang a bit but the Bills wear them down and pull away

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Predictions for the night:

The breakout games we've been waiting for on Coleman and/or Samuel. A weaker and depleted secondary paired with a stronger front 7 will have Brady use motion to get matchups he likes and exploit them.

Etienne gashes the Bills but the team plays disguised zone coverage to force Lawrence to deal short accurate passes.

Josh takes a big run due to the man coverage.

Jags hang a bit but the Bills wear them down and pull away

Hope so.  I have Denver vibes from last season.  Night game, we WERE the better team but an early possession turnover caused the entire game script to flip in the Broncos favor.  The Jags games typically get weird.  I don't need that tonight.

2 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Man isn’t a good matchup for Keon, he wasn’t good at separation in college and isn’t here. Man is very good for Kinkaid, Shakir, Cook (receiving not running) and to a lesser extent Knox 

are darby & brown even decent?

jarrian jones did not seem to play much week 1 but did play 79% of the snaps against cleveland 

The loss to Jacksonville last year was flukey.  First, the league scheduled Buffalo for London as a home game, but in reality it was even more of a home field advantage for Jacksonville than normal because Jacksonville had played the prior weekend in London and has played there every season for the last several.  Even though it was a different stadium than usual, Jacksonville is accustomed to playing in London and had an extra week to get the jet lag out of their systems.  In addition, Buffalo went into the game down two or three starters on defense and proceeded to lose two or three more starters to injury early in the game.  Thus, they played most of the game down five starters out of eleven players on defense.   It's pretty amazing that they still held Jacksonville to 25 points, but it was just too much adversity to overcome.  

This year, Buffalo started the season with different safeties than they expected and are also down two starting linebackers and a slot corner, but the guys manning those spots all have some experience under their belts and a long week of practice to further develop chemistry.  The injured safeties are back healthy and poised to at least take rotational snaps to relieve the pressure on Hamlin and Rapp. Specter is not Bernard by any stretch, but he's playing like he knows what he's doing.  Likewise, with Dorian Williams, as he gets more and more experience, he should become less likely to bite on fakes.  Cam Lewis and Ingram are not Taron Johnson, who is an elite slot corner, but they do show some consistency in their play.  What I see is quality depth and a coaching staff that has succeeded in getting players to buy in to their system from the top to bottom of the roster.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Hope so.  I have Denver vibes from last season.  Night game, we WERE the better team but an early possession turnover caused the entire game script to flip in the Broncos favor.  The Jags games typically get weird.  I don't need that tonight.

Remember, Denver was coming off of the bye but had just beaten the Chiefs going into the bye. The Broncos had a mid-season run where they played very well and beat some good teams. The Bills game was in the middle of that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Can’t help but feel like this game is going to be like the Buc’s game last year. We will come out of it feeling underwhelmed by both sides of the ball but just happy to escape with a W.

Facing a 0-2 team is one of the worst spots you can be in. Raiders, Bucs, 49ers and Cowboys all learned that the hard way yesterday.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Yeah i went to the Justin Jefferson Minnesota game a couple years ago.  There must have been 500 Vikings fans from Southern Ontario sitting around me, I felt like a visitor in Orchard Park.

Any chance you were in the lower bowl opposite the tunnel?

Had a huge group of SKOL there that I had to deal with as well.

Edited by The Wiz

I hope for nothing less than a complete beatdown of the Jags. Too many losses to these guys in the last few years but not just normal losses. The Playoff game and the Urban Meyer loss. The two horrendous losses in London. I was actually at the Jim Kelly's last game in 96, a loss in the playoffs to Jacksonville of course! Can we finally pound these guys?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Can’t help but feel like this game is going to be like the Buc’s game last year. We will come out of it feeling underwhelmed by both sides of the ball but just happy to escape with a W.

Facing a 0-2 team is one of the worst spots you can be in. Raiders, Bucs, 49ers and Cowboys all learned that the hard way yesterday.

If anything, this should be a game we get fired up for...given Jags recent history against us.

1 thing different with that Giants and Bucs games, Dorsey gone + Brady in.

I don't expect a let down performance/taking them for granted.  We need to continue our play in the trenches and we will have a W in 5 hrs

54 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

The loss to Jacksonville last year was flukey.  First, the league scheduled Buffalo for London as a home game, but in reality it was even more of a home field advantage for Jacksonville than normal because Jacksonville had played the prior weekend in London and has played there every season for the last several.  Even though it was a different stadium than usual, Jacksonville is accustomed to playing in London and had an extra week to get the jet lag out of their systems.  In addition, Buffalo went into the game down two or three starters on defense and proceeded to lose two or three more starters to injury early in the game.  Thus, they played most of the game down five starters out of eleven players on defense.   It's pretty amazing that they still held Jacksonville to 25 points, but it was just too much adversity to overcome.  

This year, Buffalo started the season with different safeties than they expected and are also down two starting linebackers and a slot corner, but the guys manning those spots all have some experience under their belts and a long week of practice to further develop chemistry.  The injured safeties are back healthy and poised to at least take rotational snaps to relieve the pressure on Hamlin and Rapp. Specter is not Bernard by any stretch, but he's playing like he knows what he's doing.  Likewise, with Dorian Williams, as he gets more and more experience, he should become less likely to bite on fakes.  Cam Lewis and Ingram are not Taron Johnson, who is an elite slot corner, but they do show some consistency in their play.  What I see is quality depth and a coaching staff that has succeeded in getting players to buy in to their system from the top to bottom of the roster.

This reads like a script from NFL Films - especially when read in John Facenda’s voice. 

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Any chance you were in the lower bowl opposite the tunnel?

Had a huge group of SKOL there that I had to deal with as well.

It was section 240 I believe,, so on that side but higher up.  Those folks traveled well and got treated to an epic win that day, unfortunately.