9/23/24 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jaguars MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He had 4, but as the Bills only had 45 total last week and most of the second half was essentially trying to kill the clock after the Tua pick 6, I wouldn't read much into it

It was kind of bizarre to hear Joe B get so into this on his podcast..

Someone asked about taking the Jags deep and he talked about our lack of deep threats and how MVS might not even be active after getting only a few snaps against the Dolphins. 

I dont know.. some of his takes this year are overly critical and honestly, don't seem that informed.  

Obviously we're not going to run MVS out there and take down the field shots in a game that was over by halftime.  He had a decent chunk play against AZ and should have had a TD if Allen hit him deep.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, balln said:

It’s been a while - prob New England reg and then playoff perfect game that he’s been clean and dominant passing game.

i know running is a big part of his game. And he can make some insane throws. Usually every game. But I’m saying truly mvp / surgical passing , no sugar high , turnovers ect 

Like he’s done in the first two games? I know he lost a fumble but no INTs

5 minutes ago, boater said:

In the news...

Morse calls the Bills Mafia a "special group of people" and adds it's "a special inebriation level that they reach in the game."

That's disappointing. I may be a fuddy-duddy, but excelling at drunkenness is not the rep I want on the world stage.

pirates of the caribbean GIF

Gotta be known for something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

id like to see Samuel get more than 4 targets/touches.   he was the big offseason add and so far its been a big nothing.   yes yes we've won the games and done whats needed,  but at some point,  you'd like a guy like Samuel to get involved.   he already looks frustrated.  that being said,  just win.  Go Bills!!!.

Edited by bigduke6

8 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

id like to see Samuel get more than 4 targets/touches.   he was the big offseason add and so far its been a big nothing.   yes yes we've won the games and done whats needed,  but at some point,  you'd like a guy like Samuel to get involved.   he already looks frustrated.  that being said,  just win.  Go Bills!!!.

Does he have turf toe?  Wondering how healthy he is, because expectations were certainly much higher than his involvement thus far. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, boater said:

In the news...

Morse calls the Bills Mafia a "special group of people" and adds it's "a special inebriation level that they reach in the game."

That's disappointing. I may be a fuddy-duddy, but excelling at drunkenness is not the rep I want on the world stage.

a long time ago back in the year of our lord 2007, Dallas traveled to Buffalo for the Bills return to monday night football.  Babe laufenberg, the cowboys color analyst on their radio broadcast and former cbs 11 sports boss had this to say after spending the weekend in Buffalo and visiting many bars and restaurants before the monday night game.

"Philadelphia is a football town that likes to drink, Buffalo is a drinking town that likes football"

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

He's also had turf toe so they may have wanted to limit his involvement 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

It was kind of bizarre to hear Joe B get so into this on his podcast..

Someone asked about taking the Jags deep and he talked about our lack of deep threats and how MVS might not even be active after getting only a few snaps against the Dolphins. 

I dont know.. some of his takes this year are overly critical and honestly, don't seem that informed.  

Obviously we're not going to run MVS out there and take down the field shots in a game that was over by halftime.  He had a decent chunk play against AZ and should have had a TD if Allen hit him deep.  

Joe B has take the position this year that it is a step back year for the Bills and they do not have the talent to compete at the highest level. I expect his takes all year to fit that narrative. 

• Agree 1