9/23/24 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jaguars MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

19 minutes ago, balln said:

Yea - that’s what happened last year in London. And he didn’t shred. Struggled with pressure and couldn’t land deep throws. 

im nervous for tonight. Allen gotta see it bro. Gotta see a clean , super accurate game!

It’s been a while since he’s connected on a long ball. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It’s been a while since he’s connected on a long ball. 

It’s been a while - prob New England reg and then playoff perfect game that he’s been clean and dominant passing game.

i know running is a big part of his game. And he can make some insane throws. Usually every game. But I’m saying truly mvp / surgical passing , no sugar high , turnovers ect 

Edited by balln
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

In fact, someone in the “Jags Week” discussion thread (which was only recently unpinned by the mods) posted a tweet from one of those stat-heads and I believe they had worked it out that the Jags play the MOST man coverage in the NFL as a percentage of defensive snaps.  Too lazy to go searching for it, though…

Yes, by far the most man.  63%.  2nd highest was around 50%

1 hour ago, Process said:

I'm gonna take a flyer on MVS to score at +1200. If not tonight vs that secondary, then when?

Maybe never 😔 Josh’s deep ball sucks for the most part imo.  

46 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Looks like rain is pretty much done for the day...just gonna be cloudy thru tomorrow morning

Thanks buddy!!  Always count on you to come through with the weather updates!  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, balln said:

It’s been a while - prob New England reg and then playoff perfect game that he’s been clean and dominant passing game.

i know running is a big part of his game. And he can make some insane throws. Usually every game. But I’m saying truly mvp / surgical passing , no sugar high , turnovers ect 

Soo none of these games count? They took place between the New England playoff game and Monday, September 23rd, 2024. 

(26/38) 317 Yards Passing for 4TD and 0 INT

(27/40) 329 Yards Passing for 3TD and 0 INT

(25/40) 304 Yards Passing for 4TD and 0 INT

(31/37) 274 Yards Passing for 3TD and 0 INT

(21/25) 320 Yards Passing for 4 TD and 0 INT

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I feel like if we can stop Etienne we will be tough to beat. Do not let him expose our inexperience in the middle of the field. Just take care of business and keep moving this thing down the line 

I think every game starts with containing the QB.  The DL staying disciplined.  Allowing QBs to get out of the pocket and give their WRs more time to find their spots in our zone is when we start breaking down. Keep Lawrence contained and we can force a fumble or two and roll.  

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Josh Allen has never started a season going three straight games without an interception.

Here's hoping this is the first year he does so. 

Keep the turnover ledger clean tonight and the Bills win.

Knock On Wood Fingers Crossed GIF by giphystudios2021

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

Pretty wild - that was at my Frat Bro's Meatball Event.  Nick Pitillo is a HUGE Bills fan.

Go Bills!!

You got my interest at 'Meatball Event' - so I googled meatball event Buffalo and found Meatball Street Brawl?

33 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I feel like if we can stop Etienne we will be tough to beat. Do not let him expose our inexperience in the middle of the field. Just take care of business and keep moving this thing down the line 

from the last time we played them, I felt like he didn’t do anything. But they kept feeding him and eventually he broke off some runs and ended with over 100. I remember thinking how persistent they were with using him. 

if it’s the same, we need to really just keep the intensity up and tackle well for the full game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It would be real nice to see Keon have a strong game.   It's probably too much to ask:  8 for 115 and a TD 

Man isn’t a good matchup for Keon, he wasn’t good at separation in college and isn’t here. Man is very good for Kinkaid, Shakir, Cook (receiving not running) and to a lesser extent Knox 

39 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Bigsby is the better RB. He does have a shoulder injury though

Jaguars O-Line is rocky. If the Bills can push the O-Line in then Lawrence will struggle with accuracy. 

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd love see him hit a 50 yard + in the air throw to Coleman or MVS 

MVS probably will be inactive 

1 hour ago, Process said:

I'm gonna take a flyer on MVS to score at +1200. If not tonight vs that secondary, then when?

Don’t MVS played one or two offensive plays last week (some was due to the score of the game) and probably is inactive tonight

8 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

MVS probably will be inactive 

Don’t MVS played one or two offensive plays last week (some was due to the score of the game) and probably is inactive tonight

He had 4, but as the Bills only had 45 total last week and most of the second half was essentially trying to kill the clock after the Tua pick 6, I wouldn't read much into it

2 hours ago,  Warriorspikes51 said:

I'd love see him hit a 50 yard + in the air throw to Coleman or MVS 

50 YARDERS ALL DAY LONG…DAWKINS, FERGUSON, TRUBISKY, …ANYBODY!?!?!

well, all night long… but that’s not how the saying goes…