9/23/24 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jaguars MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

In fact, someone in the “Jags Week” discussion thread (which was only recently unpinned by the mods) posted a tweet from one of those stat-heads and I believe they had worked it out that the Jags play the MOST man coverage in the NFL as a percentage of defensive snaps.  Too lazy to go searching for it, though…

Found it: 

Denver is a distant 2nd at 51%.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The only reason Miami was successful running the ball is because the Bills didn't put a lot of guys in the box. They stayed with a 2 high shell and kept the play in front of them. And Miami did not have a lot of success up the middle. The big runs were bounces to the outside and they were sending WRs downfield to draw coverage outside. It worked, but the big play was held in check. I think the Bills will continue to play this way, force the Jags to run, dink and dunk, longer drives and make mistakes.

As the game goes on, the Bills offense should just pull ahead because they'll be able to mix things up and force their defense to defend the whole field better than the Jags can. Josh is definitely going to take some deep shots in this game because this team is weak giving up big pass plays. They are still going to run a lot but this Jags defense often leaves an opening for a QB to take off and run. Look for Allen to get some yards on the ground in this one. That defense is kind of hinky. The way they play a lot of man coverage and depend on their pass rush to get home is not a recipe for success. The pass percentage will increase in this game because of the way this defense plays. I think there's a good chance that the pass can open things up in the run game. If that happens, the Jags are toast.

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Do the Jags play mostly man? 

It's about 50% of the time and that's like 1st or 2nd in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

The only reason Miami was successful running the ball is because the Bills didn't put a lot of guys in the box. They stayed with a 2 high shell and kept the play in front of them. And Miami did not have a lot of success up the middle. The big runs were bounces to the outside and they were sending WRs downfield to draw coverage outside. It worked, but the big play was held in check. I think the Bills will continue to play this way, force the Jags to run, dink and dunk, longer drives and make mistakes.

As the game goes on, the Bills offense should just pull ahead because they'll be able to mix things up and force their defense to defend the whole field better than the Jags can. Josh is definitely going to take some deep shots in this game because this team is weak giving up big pass plays. They are still going to run a lot but this Jags defense often leaves an opening for a QB to take off and run. Look for Allen to get some yards on the ground in this one. That defense is kind of hinky. The way they play a lot of man coverage and depend on their pass rush to get home is not a recipe for success. The pass percentage will increase in this game because of the way this defense plays. I think there's a good chance that the pass can open things up in the run game. If that happens, the Jags are toast.

It's about 50% of the time and that's like 1st or 2nd in the league.

Josh connecting on deep throws would be a pleasant development 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DapperCam said:

If the Jags sell out to stop the run then Allen is going to shred them. If they don’t, we’ll run all over them. I’m way more concerned about the defense than the offense for every game this year.

Yea - that’s what happened last year in London. And he didn’t shred. Struggled with pressure and couldn’t land deep throws. 

im nervous for tonight. Allen gotta see it bro. Gotta see a clean , super accurate game!

• Agree 1