9/23/24 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jaguars MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

It was kind of bizarre to hear Joe B get so into this on his podcast..

Someone asked about taking the Jags deep and he talked about our lack of deep threats and how MVS might not even be active after getting only a few snaps against the Dolphins. 

I dont know.. some of his takes this year are overly critical and honestly, don't seem that informed.  

Obviously we're not going to run MVS out there and take down the field shots in a game that was over by halftime.  He had a decent chunk play against AZ and should have had a TD if Allen hit him deep.  

I stopped listening to his podcast once it moved from a dialogue to a monologue, but even in the dialogue days it was getting to be a tough listen sometimes.  Back when we were still fairly inept through McDermott's first couple years, it was a great listen.  But Joe never seemed to fully adjust from "the Bills are a national joke" to "the Bills are legitimate Super Bowl contenders".  Example: he kept using the same post-game awards (nearly all of which were for negative things) well into Allen's and the team's ascendancy.  It was cringy listening to him give out 3 awards mocking Bills for playing bad or not showing up when the game was like 41-10 Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It’s hard out there for a pimp…, 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Anyone know if this will be on Paramount Plus as well if you live within the WIVB broadcast area?

Yes. I watch cbs games on paramount plus every week. If it’s simulcast there anyways. If not it’s on espn+. It is showing on cbs in the guides though. 

Edited by Scott7975

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

Hearing the ticket prices tonight plummeting. You can get club level seats for $183 and that includes fees.  People don’t travel in nearly as much for these night games unless it’s playoffs 

I had to sell my lower 50 yard line row 6 for well below face

Also, no Jag fans travel to the game

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Im in Buffalo. Why are there 1000000 Jags fans running around here?

Probably bought tix in spring when they thought they were gonna be good. 

5 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

They don’t even travel to their games in JAX ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Right.  and on the flip side I bought two tickets today for the Nov. 3rd, 1:00pm Miami game and jeez I had to liquidate my 401K to afford it. 

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

people from Ontario who make it a fun little hobby to come to Orchard Park and root for whichever team the Bills are playing.

Yeah i went to the Justin Jefferson Minnesota game a couple years ago.  There must have been 500 Vikings fans from Southern Ontario sitting around me, I felt like a visitor in Orchard Park.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Right.  and on the flip side I bought two tickets today for the Nov. 3rd, 1:00pm Miami game and jeez I had to liquidate my 401K to afford it. 

Ha… pretty much a guaranteed win at least!

You should have waited, ticket prices come down for pretty much all games besides the home opener and sometimes  playoff games (rescheduled ones like last season’s WCG notwithstanding)

2 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

Man isn’t a good matchup for Keon, he wasn’t good at separation in college and isn’t here. Man is very good for Kinkaid, Shakir, Cook (receiving not running) and to a lesser extent Knox 

I would suggest that it's also very good for Josh Allen, who has some history of mercilessly abusing it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah i went to the Justin Jefferson Minnesota game a couple years ago.  There must have been 500 Vikings fans from Southern Ontario sitting around me, I felt like a visitor in Orchard Park.

a lot of those same people will probably be in attendance tonight as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boater said:

In the news...

Morse calls the Bills Mafia a "special group of people" and adds it's "a special inebriation level that they reach in the game."

That's disappointing. I may be a fuddy-duddy, but excelling at drunkenness is not the rep I want on the world stage.

You know the old saying......

When life gives you lemons-

just do shots of Patron.

30 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

You got so drunk at Hammers, you're seeing quadruple?

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

I can’t say about the Jags fans, but I was surprised by how many Cards fans were at the opener. Every single time I mentioned it the response was “do you know how %^$#ing hot it is at home? It’s been that way forever! Buffalo sounded awesome!”  

It’s not 108, but it’s that time of year in Florida when you just wish it would end. 

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Ha… pretty much a guaranteed win at least!

You should have waited, ticket prices come down for pretty much all games besides the home opener and sometimes  playoff games (rescheduled ones like last season’s WCG notwithstanding)

I hear ya, I'm driving 7+ hours with my daughter to that game.  I just didn't feel like winging it with the tix but maybe should have.  The 1pm Sunday games seem to hold their value pretty well.  As we all know it's just a big fun event to be there regardless of the opponent.   I'm not a big fan of attending night games, although I'll be at Baltimore this weekend and prob won't get home till 1:30-2am. 

• Like (+1) 1