9/23/24 GAMEDAY Bills vs Jaguars MNF PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

15 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I have been saying it all week.  Jacksonville will play heavy man and take away the run game.  I see Allen shredding.  Possibly his first 300 yard game.  Only thing that stops it is the game gets out of hand early.  Allen might not get many attempts in the second half.

Big Allen game.  Very reminiscent to Tennessee at home on Monday night a few years back.  11 days rest before. Like Jacksonville, Tenn was a thorn in Buffalos side for a few years.  They throttled them.  I expect the same outcome tonight.  0-2 0-7 10-0 I dont care. Match up league.  Cant play man vs Allen.  They will fall for the trap of taking away the run.  Good luck. 

If the Jags sell out to stop the run then Allen is going to shred them. If they don’t, we’ll run all over them. I’m way more concerned about the defense than the offense for every game this year.

The key for me is to see how well our defense handles the run. Both the Cardinals and Dolphins had some success running the ball (especially up the middle) -- but both inexplicably got away from it. Pederson will stay committed to the run (and mix in some play-action if it is successful). This will allow them to control the clock and quiet the crowd. If the Bills can shut down the running game and force the Jags into pass-happy mode, given our pass rush and the great/loud fans, I think it will be a comfortable win for the Bills. The defense also needs to keep a watchful eye on RBs creeping out of the backfield on screens, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Do the Jags play mostly man? 

Just now, bills742 said:

Yes they do.

In fact, someone in the “Jags Week” discussion thread (which was only recently unpinned by the mods) posted a tweet from one of those stat-heads and I believe they had worked it out that the Jags play the MOST man coverage in the NFL as a percentage of defensive snaps.  Too lazy to go searching for it, though…