Down to One Cat - Need Input

Gugny

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

When my grandfather passed, his immediate family decided to have his cat euthanized so they could be buried together. 

I suppose that beats euthanizing your grandfather when his cat passed, but still…….  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

Six years ago, I shared my house with my wife, my son, three cats and a dog. 

Wife left me 5 years ago. Dog died shortly thereafter. One cat passed away three months ago … a few weeks after my son moved out. Another passed last week.

So now it’s just me and one cat.

Her name is Lazy.  She’s 14. 

Since the last cat passed, Lazy has been clingy and noisy. 

I can’t watch Jeopardy. I can’t enjoy Mets games. I might lock her downstairs tomorrow night so I can enjoy the Bills game. 

I feel like I’m down to two choices:

1. Get another cat to keep Lazy company

2. Bring Lazy to the vet to have her euthanized. 

I’m on a fixed income, so I’m leaning (heavily) toward euthanasia. 

I’ve been saddled with these animals for the last 20+ years. I get another kitten now and I’m stuck until I ***** retire. 

Just throwing it out there to see what you guys would do.

I love Lazy, but I think I’ve paid my dues.

Thanks and Go Bills!

have you considered creating a new family to take care of your ancient clingy cat

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

have you considered creating a new family to take care of your ancient clingy cat

He’s 5’4”, lower middle class, endowed like a mouse, and rapidly approaching old age. 

I think the “new family” ship sailed a while ago. 

• Haha (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The cat will find it's way home. There are remarkable stories about cats traveling hundreds or even thousands of miles to find their owners.

Longest documented case was a cat that went from Dunkirk, NY to Colorado, over 1600 miles in 4 months and found it's owners after it ran off the night before they moved.

The cat had never been there before and it's not like it had any clue where they were going. 

Researchers and Scientists have put out many theories about how they seemingly do it but none of them really make much sense.

The only thing that makes sense is that somehow the cats have an internal GPS of their humans that they can use to track them. Seems preposterous but it's the only thing that can explain many of these situations.

See if there is someone that wants the cat?

Researchers and scientists lol……how about calling them what they are…..charlatans and morons.  How much did they get paid to come up with countless stupid theories?  I can give you five right now and it took me about 14 seconds.

1. Cat stowed away in the car while they were moving and nobody noticed.  It then explored Colorado for a few months and decided to move back in with them.

2. A neighbor found the cat, drove it out to Colorado, dumped it on their porch unannounced and left just to mess with them.

3. It was a different cat like in Meet the Parents.

4. The cat snuck into the post office, looked up the forwarding address and hitch hiked to Colorado.

5. The cat used some sort of “find my phone” app.

Occum’s Shaver strikes again.

37 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Researchers and scientists lol……how about calling them what they are…..charlatans and morons.  How much did they get paid to come up with countless stupid theories?  I can give you five right now and it took me about 14 seconds.

1. Cat stowed away in the car while they were moving and nobody noticed.  It then explored Colorado for a few months and decided to move back in with them.

2. A neighbor found the cat, drove it out to Colorado, dumped it on their porch unannounced and left just to mess with them.

3. It was a different cat like in Meet the Parents.

4. The cat snuck into the post office, looked up the forwarding address and hitch hiked to Colorado.

5. The cat used some sort of “find my phone” app.

Occum’s Shaver strikes again.

It would be kinda cool if you could work in Shrodinger’s cat instead. It seems appropriate in this thread. :)

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

It would be kinda cool if you could work in Shrodinger’s cat instead. It seems appropriate in this thread. :)

This thread is Shrodinger’s cat… until Gugny updates us on the outcome, which is analogous to looking in the box, it’s both alive and dead within the confines of the thread… or in Simon’s twisted world, it’s served over rice. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, transient said:

This thread is Shrodinger’s cat… until Gugny updates us on the outcome, which is analogous to looking in the box, it’s both alive and dead within the confines of the thread

This is a spectacular observation :lol:

And wait til you see my recipe for Dragon Tiger Phoenix

23 hours ago, Simon said:

Ingredients: 1,300 grams of cat meat, 150 grams of pork (lean)

Accessories: 15 grams of wolfberry, 10 grams of longan, 90 grams of sugar cane

Seasoning: 15g rice wine, 5g salt, 2g MSG, 2g pepper, 20g chicken fat, 10g green onion, 10g ginger

(1) Cut cat meat and pork into 4 cm square pieces. Wash the wolfberry and longan meat separately with warm water. Wash the sugar cane, split it, and chop it into 4 pieces. Cut the green onion into sections and cut the ginger into slices.

(2) Heat the lard in a pot, add onions and ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, add cooking wine, water and cat meat. After the water boils, skim off the floating foam. After the cat meat is cooked and shrunk, take it out and wash it with warm water. Boil the pork in boiling water and wash thoroughly.

(3) Use a stew pot, put cat meat, pork, wolfberry, longan meat, and sugar cane together, add salt, cooking wine, green onion, and ginger, pour in chicken broth, and steam until mashed. Remove the onions, ginger, sugar cane, pork, add MSG and pepper, adjust the taste and serve

I’ve always enjoyed eating cat.

some taste better than others, but good eats.

nice, moist and juicy.