Does anybody else prefer to watch Bills games alone?

The MNF game vs Jags will probably be the only home game we cannot travel to attend.

Instead, we are going to meet our sons & their wives and other friends at Richbrau Brewery in Richmond, VA. The owner is from Lockport and a Bills fan & it’s a Bills bar.
If any Bills fans in the RVA area are interested: https://www.richbraubrewing.com

The answer to the OP’s question should be evident.

I will watch with my son and my dad.  That’s it.

Son is in grad school in Jersey and dad’s retired in Arizona.  So I watch alone.  And with you guys, of course.  Best part of the GDT is I can just put down my phone until I calm down.  Some of y’all need to try that.  :) 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

No one’s asked “Do you have ranch” since year one.

Has anyone missed them?

• Haha (+1) 1

Yes, if only so I can turn down the volume & switch to something else when I'm nervous...

I feel like they always do better when I'm not looking, so if we really need a conversation or a 3rd down stop, I'm looking away 😅

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

Sounds like an opportunity for a night raid tomorrow :D

Don’t get me wrong, I love my flag! It’s a standard size big flag and relatively new and the colors are bold and bright. 

But after you go by their giant bold flag I may come off as a letdown. 🤷‍♂️

We’re not in a flag swapping kinda neighborhood, so here we are. 

Here in the Washington DC area, I don't have many Bills fans to commiserate with. There is a Bills bar nearby, Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, Va. But the number of drunks in the bar convinced me that I'd be better off on my own with Sunday Ticket. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

The neighbors have been overheard warning others “don’t go there unless you’re serious about the game.” The word is out, and I’m good with that. 

I watch home alone with the dogs at my feet. That is a sign of maturity on my part. When we were first married my wife would take the kids and the nervous dogs for 3 hours walks. Kind neighbors would take her in on game days. 

Screaming Macaulay Culkin GIF by Home Alone

I'm glad you like this movie so much but the OP was asking about Bills' games

4 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Or am I just a weirdo? I don’t like annoying interruptions or dumb commentary from casual fans. I prefer to soak everything in and become fully immersed in the game. I have a whole routine and everything has to be just perfect. It is almost like a religious experience for me. All distractions need to be gone. I want to enjoy the magic of Josh Allen with my giant Bills coffee mug and 420. Done are my going to the stadium totally hammered by half time days. Introverts unite 

@ChronicAndKnuckles

Great post by the way! 

Interesting group we are. 

It would be awesome if we could ever organize a TBD reunion so we could all meet somewhere and raise glasses together. 🍻

Could you imagine if we were all in a banquet hall watching the Bills with all the shi* we spew in person like we do on this board ?? 😀

21 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I prefer watching with others, unless I know, before hand, that those people will be obnoxious, and start mocking me if the Bills are performing poorly…Those are not enjoyable experiences…👍

We had a party for the Bills first Super Bowl. My wife invited a coworker named Lisa who was about my size. Lisa walked in and said “so who is everyone rooting for? OK, I’m for the Giants!” 

I avoided arrest on that occasion, but probably because my wife was…….my wife. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1

I prefer watching games @ home with my wife & 16 year old son. Listening to grown a$$ men drone on about their fantasy teams is painful. *ducks* I do however like the manning cast and the rotating guests. I like listening to knowledgeable folks talk about the game at hand and provide insight about plays, players, history etc. I enjoyed the Belichick Manningcast. 

Definitely prefer alone.  I’ll text w several people entire time.  I’ll do a few games with die hard friends but not a group. Can’t stand being around non bills fans.  
have been to a few bills bars to watch it was a ***** nightmare.  
It’s nice that my wife pretends to care.  The dogs usually don’t come inside the house. 

Edited by nedboy7

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Or am I just a weirdo? I don’t like annoying interruptions or dumb commentary from casual fans. I prefer to soak everything in and become fully immersed in the game. I have a whole routine and everything has to be just perfect. It is almost like a religious experience for me. All distractions need to be gone. I want to enjoy the magic of Josh Allen with my giant Bills coffee mug and 420. Done are my going to the stadium totally hammered by half time days. Introverts unite 

Howard???

• Haha (+1) 1

I watch alone because I mute the commercials. Most other people keep them on for some reason. Also, I have to confess when the other team is doing well, I often mute the commentary, sometimes even if the Bills are dominating. The announcers are usually just so grating to listen to. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only situation I don’t like are house parties where a loud group there has absolutely no interest in the game. Otherwise I’m good alone, at a party where the attendees are into the game, a public establishment with adequate TV placement, or at the stadium. Looking forward to solo viewing tomorrow as I still have to be up at 430a on Tuesday 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Howard???

I don’t see Howard and 420 going together, but who knows?