Does anybody else prefer to watch Bills games alone?

I like watching alone because I don’t really know anyone who loves the bills like I do nor understand the bills and their players like I do. 

the worst is watching with very casual fans when the game goes awry, they tend to say “shucks” and give me some lame consolidation comment that only upsets me more. 

when I’m with people who really know the game and the bills specifically, that is enjoyable because I know we operate on the same wavelength

Living out of Buffalo area for so long , it’s mostly just my wife and son and I.

The bigger the game, the smaller the circle I like to watch it with.

I do try to make a live game when I can. The last couple at the Ralph ( or whatever we are calling it now) haven’t been particularly fun but that’s do to the quality of the games. Too close😵

If I can't be at the stadium, i prefer to watch it alone.  The two extremes in this scenario I guess.

My dad and I pretty much share the same brain when it comes to watching the Bills so I will watch them with him, when I can.

My ex used to always say stupid stuff like, "If it makes you that upset then why don't you just turn it off?"    ...and that's why she's the EX.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

I prefer to go see a bunch of the guys at my favorite sports/wings bar down here in Tampa, talk smack, and then between 1st and 2nd quarters I’m home as it’s only 7/10 of a mile from my home.  Then myself and my new wife is getting used to Dan (me) watching the NFL.  She’s from China so her first football experience was watching me bark at the Cardinals game, and then of course the Fish.

She asks good questions and genuinely is trying to learn for me and even placed my extra license plate rim on her SUV supporting me.  Still newlyweds as married in early June Sowell see if that thing is on her plate in five years.

All kidding aside, I love watching either by myself or with my sons as they know almost as much about the NFL as me.  They know when to shut up during plays and hold conversations for commercials. 

One thing I’m adamant about is I won’t go to SB parties.  Too many casual fans and women talking during the game, amd can’t hear anything.  I gave up years ago after going to a SB party every year for a long time.  Now that’s annoying.

O’Brien’s and The Landing, Brandon and Valrico.

I very much prefer watching the games alone. I am also very fortunate that I can do this for pretty much every game. It’s interesting to see how many other posters also like to watch games by themselves. I might not have predicted that. But then again, I totally get it.

Edited by Mojo44

Wife, kids and grandkids whenever I can   I don’t get a lot of opportunity for that.   MrsNeo, always.

Several times a year i have a community party with a Bills game.    Twenty plus or minus people.   I’m a host, so game concentration is hard.  What makes up for that?

I serve a Buffalo Menu.   Lots of fun to serve wings with Frank’s Hot Sauce, burgers and charred Sahlen dogs with Weber’s mustard, Ted’s Hot Dog Hot Sauce, Sabrett’s onion sauce and a host of other condiments.

I take pleasure being a gastronomic ambassador.  This will be year four.   No one’s asked “Do you have ranch” since year one.

MrsNeo, by the way, has become an outstanding play by play person.   She’s simplified.

On offense, “Go, go, go …”

On defense, “Get “im, get ‘im, get ‘im.”

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Or am I just a weirdo? I don’t like annoying interruptions or dumb commentary from casual fans. I prefer to soak everything in and become fully immersed in the game. I have a whole routine and everything has to be just perfect. It is almost like a religious experience for me. All distractions need to be gone. I want to enjoy the magic of Josh Allen with my giant Bills coffee mug and 420. Done are my going to the stadium totally hammered by half time days. Introverts unite 

I prefer watching alone. When I watch with other people, we lose!

The neighbors have been overheard warning others “don’t go there unless you’re serious about the game.” The word is out, and I’m good with that. 

I watch home alone with the dogs at my feet. That is a sign of maturity on my part. When we were first married my wife would take the kids and the nervous dogs for 3 hours walks. Kind neighbors would take her in on game days. 

I'd like to watch at least occasionally in company, but being in London (UK) it's difficult to do so. So I watch alone. The GDT tends to be my company, though it's sometimes hard to do so when we aren't doing well.

But I do at least get to really concentrate on the game fully, which I do really appreciate.

Edited by Simstim

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

The neighbors have been overheard warning others “don’t go there unless you’re serious about the game.” The word is out, and I’m good with that. 

I love that you've gone beyond neighborhood watches to neighborhood warnings :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I love that you've gone beyond neighborhood watches to neighborhood warnings :lol:

The people who bought our old house 4 doors up the road a couple years ago are awesome! She felt a Bills flag was part of the aura of the house, so she got a GIANT Bills flag for game days. I find myself with flag envy.   😳 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

The people who bought our old house 4 doors up the road a couple years ago are awesome! She felt a Bills flag was part of the aura of the house, so she got a GIANT Bills flag for game days. I find myself with flag envy.   😳 

Sounds like an opportunity for a night raid tomorrow :D