Does anybody else prefer to watch Bills games alone?

ChronicAndKnuckles

6 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Or am I just a weirdo? I don’t like annoying interruptions or dumb commentary from casual fans. I prefer to soak everything in and become fully immersed in the game. I have a whole routine and everything has to be just perfect. It is almost like a religious experience for me. All distractions need to be gone. I want to enjoy the magic of Josh Allen with my giant Bills coffee mug and 420. Done are my going to the stadium totally hammered by half time days. Introverts unite 

I'm totally with you.

1 hour ago, finn said:

I watch alone because I mute the commercials. Most other people keep them on for some reason. Also, I have to confess when the other team is doing well, I often mute the commentary, sometimes even if the Bills are dominating. The announcers are usually just so grating to listen to. 

I totally mute the commercials as well. Wife agrees and thinks they're as obnoxious as I do. Only time I don't touch the mute button is when the RedZone is on. 

Hey OP, I 100% want to watch alone and bark at the tv while watching. The wife understands. I'm 58 years old, former season ticket holder and don't even want my buddies that I used to go to the game with at the house during games. It is just me screaming at and with the tv. It's the best option for me. 

I want to immerse myself in all the details of the game and not be distracted by anything. Wife completely ignores me. It's perfect.

For someone looking in from the outside they would probably think I probably need help with all the yelling and talking to the tv. I don't. I think.

Howard Simon also watches alone in his basement and makes no bones about it. You're not alone by any means. There are many of us like that.

• Like (+1) 2

Howard Simon's basement is legendary. His story the other week where they are decorating the room his wife usually watches in (he called it the "family room") and there is no furniture in there so she asked if she could watch in the basement with him and he said no and put her on a single kitchen chair with a tv on top of a cardboard box in the part decorated family room was awesome :D

I do prefer watching by myself tbh. In the UK the thing I particularly despise is watching with people who don't understand. Occasionally around Xmas for example I might watch a game at my sister's and my brother in law will sit watching and commenting despite having only a basic rudimentary understanding of what is going on. That pisses me off and I have to bite my tongue. I have a couple of mates (one Jags fan, one Rams fan) who I can watch with who understand the game. But that is it really.

My other half prefers not even being in the house with me when I'm watching Arsenal or the Bills because of how tense and uptight I can get but does an alternative tv room, fully furnished with sofa and proper tv (sorry Howard) to retire to should being out of the house not be possible!

My favorite year was Covid because it was just a group of us eight that watched pretty much every game together and didn't try to strike up a non football conversation during the game.  Now I either go to the game or we have small parties that consist of a combination of die hard fans, casual fans, and people who don't know who James Cook is. 

Plus, some have annoying little kids who have smiles on their faces even when we're losing.

Yes! I will occasionally go to a Bills backer bar qnd go to Metlife every year and try to make it to OP  but I definitely prefer to be alone, I get crazy, my energy is through the roof for the game,  just can't help it and prefer being alone for sure, especially because I don't have any friends that are Bills fans here and I feel like I get way to intense during the game 

Edited by JerseyBills

3 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Hey OP, I 100% want to watch alone and bark at the tv while watching. The wife understands. I'm 58 years old, former season ticket holder and don't even want my buddies that I used to go to the game with at the house during games. It is just me screaming at and with the tv. It's the best option for me. 

I want to immerse myself in all the details of the game and not be distracted by anything. Wife completely ignores me. It's perfect.

For someone looking in from the outside they would probably think I probably need help with all the yelling and talking to the tv. I don't. I think.

Howard Simon also watches alone in his basement and makes no bones about it. You're not alone by any means. There are many of us like that.

I do the same,  literally screaming at the TV all game lol I definitely look like a maniac for those 3.5 hours lol, it's like a drug for me, I lobe it 

• Like (+1) 1

I can go either way.

The Sunday Afternoon games tend to be festive with plenty of food so I enjoy watching the Bills game with friends.

Thursday Night, Sunday Night and Monday Night games I tend to watch alone since even though I plan to have a nap in the Afternoon if I have a very physical day on the property, I might start fading in the 2nd quarter and prefer to watch the game in bed.

I can handle watching  with 1 or 2 Bills fans but I don't like bars where I can't hear the sound.  Once in a while Petrino will come up from Beacon when the game is on here but not in NYC. I'm fine with that. When the game isn't on home TV, I'll go to OTB where they have booths with individual TVs. I used to watch the games there with the late Maury May Jr. (son of the old Buffalo News harness writer)  but he passed in 2020 so now even at OTB, I watch it alone.  

If by alone I can include my 14 year old son who has watched every game with me as humanely possible since he was 6 then yes!

I can’t stand watching with anyone else.   It is entirely me being a jerk I know but I can’t listen to other people’s “takes” while being so emotionally invested.   

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Bills games are a family affair for me. If I don't watch the game with my old man, he gets legitimately disappointed. It's one of the only things we bond over and have in common. There are times where I wish I could just watch on my own and relax at my place. But I know I'll miss these times when he's gone.

You are a good son!    Not sure how old you are or if you have any kids of your own but let me tell you watching these games with my son and high fiving, hugging, and whatever else is such a gift.   It will be hard when he goes off to college or on to other things and I am VERY aware of it!

Go Bills!

i love watching the game with other bills fans. either the group i watch most games with at the same bar/grill i've been watching them at for years or with my family. i like to get a little bit loud and i love having wings while watching the game. watching by myself during covid lockdown was not great.