Does anybody else prefer to watch Bills games alone?

Or am I just a weirdo? I don’t like annoying interruptions or dumb commentary from casual fans. I prefer to soak everything in and become fully immersed in the game. I have a whole routine and everything has to be just perfect. It is almost like a religious experience for me. All distractions need to be gone. I want to enjoy the magic of Josh Allen with my giant Bills coffee mug and 420. Done are my going to the stadium totally hammered by half time days. Introverts unite 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Yes.  Obviously love being at the actual games with fans, but when watching on TV I prefer to be alone.  The only exception is when I'm visiting my folks and watching with Mom and Dad.  We are all on the same doomer wavelength, so it's fun to commiserate with them.  🤣

• Like (+1) 1

I prefer to go see a bunch of the guys at my favorite sports/wings bar down here in Tampa, talk smack, and then between 1st and 2nd quarters I’m home as it’s only 7/10 of a mile from my home.  Then myself and my new wife is getting used to Dan (me) watching the NFL.  She’s from China so her first football experience was watching me bark at the Cardinals game, and then of course the Fish.

She asks good questions and genuinely is trying to learn for me and even placed my extra license plate rim on her SUV supporting me.  Still newlyweds as married in early June Sowell see if that thing is on her plate in five years.

All kidding aside, I love watching either by myself or with my sons as they know almost as much about the NFL as me.  They know when to shut up during plays and hold conversations for commercials. 

One thing I’m adamant about is I won’t go to SB parties.  Too many casual fans and women talking during the game, amd can’t hear anything.  I gave up years ago after going to a SB party every year for a long time.  Now that’s annoying.

I usually do and I kinda do like watching it alone.

3 out of 4 games I watch alone.  The times that I don't, I prefer if its with someone like me, someone who will watch the game, talk about a good play vs a bad play, notice things.

Watching games with anyone who just screams and yells, swears at anything bad and high five about anything good, or who demands players be benched or coaches be fired.....those are the people that I absolutely do NOT want to be near during a game.

26 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Or am I just a weirdo? I don’t like annoying interruptions or dumb commentary from casual fans. I prefer to soak everything in and become fully immersed in the game. I have a whole routine and everything has to be just perfect. It is almost like a religious experience for me. All distractions need to be gone. I want to enjoy the magic of Josh Allen with my giant Bills coffee mug and 420. Done are my going to the stadium totally hammered by half time days. Introverts unite 

same here. I need total focus. 

for sure...i dont answer phones n doors

i had my, at then 11 year old nephew 1 time watch a quarter a few years back n he left shakin his head sayin uncle your nuts...tight game so there was some yellin n cursin n the such...

b4 every game i go on my front steps n yell lets gooo buffalo, got a new neighbour n she ran out on her porch n asked if i was ok...small town vancouver island, only know 4-5 other bills fans in my town....lotta shithawks n 40whiners fans tho....

my uncle who passed n his bud got season tix 2 the shithawks...unreal club seats, got em for the bills shithawks on oct. 27th...1st bills game ever!!

im sober now, which is rare 4 a bills fan, but the atmosphere will b awesome, even without 'the wobblies'

I am in a season ticket group and I also make it to 1 or 2 away games a year and I very much prefer watching with a group of people at the stadium if watching in a group. 

At home I prefer watching alone because I tend to eat and drink alot more when alone (and get a bit self conscious pigging out around people). My wife is a huge gamer so I get no distractions. 

Edited by ProcessImproverMan