One of the best college LBs in the nation is from Buffalo

PromoTheRobot

I can see Day 3 or UDFA for RB and Safeties at this time. Will have needs each year, however, LB has become a bigger need and going forward. And, I would like the Bills to consider DE and WR as Samuel is not a long term puzzle piece like Shakir and Coleman may be, and I don't think financially Miller, Epenesa, and Rousseau is either sustainable or wise. Getting cheaper and younger will be a priority, and we can not pay both Epenwsa and Rousessau gobs of money. Rousseau is solid. He just is not worth top 10 DE money right now.

Edited by Wizard

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not if he maintains this level of play.

There's just still too many linebackers ahead of him to jump into the top two or three rounds 

Everybody thought  for sure Patterson would get drafted too because he was an All American putting up ridiculous stats 

He was ranked like the 180th linebacker in the transfer portal... Underrated.. sure 

But you have to compare this all to the Mac... I love dolac but he wouldnt crack the top two at Georgia 

Compare that to when Khalil Mack was here.. Mack would have started at Ohio State that year.. dolac can't start at Georgia or Alabama

I stand by forth to sixth round

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

I watched Dolac throw a blocker to his ass with one hand and make a TFL. I hope he stays under the radar and we bring him in. I watched him and he really is good. Diagnoses the play as fast as a QB can. He is the type that can fit in this defense: great tackler, great instincts, plays good in coverage, a real McDermott guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I watched the whole UNI game and man Dolac was incredible. He's definitely going to be drafted

Patterson was a first team All-American and did not get drafted 

He'll play in the NFL but he's absolutely not going to be an early round pick and he still can go undrafted 

He was in the portal 6 months ago and the entire country could have gotten his services.. and he wound up at Utah State and then came back to Buffalo 

There weren't a lot of power five schools knocking down the door for his services and he's going to be hit with the undersized linebacker and from lower competition 

I'm probably the biggest UB fan you can find and have had season tickets since they went D1.. but you have to be realistic 

Khalil Mack would have started at Ohio State when he dominated them.. dolac would not be starting for any top 10 team in the country

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Patterson was a first team All-American and did not get drafted 

He'll play in the NFL but he's absolutely not going to be an early round pick and he still can go undrafted 

He was in the portal 6 months ago and the entire country could have gotten his services.. and he wound up at Utah State and then came back to Buffalo 

There weren't a lot of power five schools knocking down the door for his services and he's going to be hit with the undersized linebacker and from lower competition 

I'm probably the biggest UB fan you can find and have had season tickets since they went D1.. but you have to be realistic 

Khalil Mack would have started at Ohio State when he dominated them.. dolac would not be starting for any top 10 team in the country

I didn't say he would be an early round pick, only that he would be drafted. Thanks for the information though

Just now, buffblue said:

I didn't say he would be an early round pick, only that he would be drafted. Thanks for the information though

I wasn't necessarily referring to you 

Every time there's some good buffalo bulls.. there's always chatter about where and how they will translate to the NFL 

I want them all to be drafted and have successful careers but being around the game my entire life I know how it goes 

People thought Tyree Jackson was going to be a first round pick when he started hot his last season.. he even left school early , just to be undrafted and converted to a tight end

And he was great for the program and I liked him.. but I told PTR and everybody else to pump the brakes because he's not getting drafted 

Now dolac certainly has a better chance than andreeson to get drafted  and I think he will be an NFL player 

The problem is only x amount of players go to the combine... And him going from zero star recruit.. while they're still a bunch of three and four and five star linebackers at P5 that have produced.. they will probably get the combine nod over him because they're at a p5

Over 30% of the NFL is undrafted free agents so there is no shame in going undrafted... Under the radar players is a bulk of the league 

He should get an invite to the combine and if he does, yes I believe some team will hitch their wagon to him and draft him 

If he doesn't go to the combine.. it will definitely hurt his chances

58 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

I like the idea of going local when we can, so long as the talent is there.

Bills really missed the boat on Khalil Mack a U-Buffalo prospect not saying this kid is a similar prospect seems like he's projected to be a day 2 or day 3 pick not a top 4-7 pick like Mack was. 

Man, before the season started i had Dolac pegged for a Bills rookie contract like Andreesen and figured he would earn his way. But he’s performed too well and will get drafted by someone probably not named Buffalo.  At UB anyway, he has performed better than Buffalo Joe and has made more big plays 

26 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Man, before the season started i had Dolac pegged for a Bills rookie contract like Andreesen and figured he would earn his way. But he’s performed too well and will get drafted by someone probably not named Buffalo.  At UB anyway, he has performed better than Buffalo Joe and has made more big plays 

Joe was only at Buffalo for 1 year 

Dolac has been at UB for five... AKA he's a very experienced college player

He's been producing for years but if he was given a top 3-4 round draft grade he wouldn't be coming back for years

He will definitely get a shot in the NFL.. whether it's drafted or undrafted but when you talking about guys in the fifth sixth round 7th round a lot of those guys have the same grades as guys going undrafted 

It's what needs teams have and what schemes they think the player fits into

Andreeson making the bills certainly might help his case

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1