Week 3 - Around the NFL

chongli

4 minutes ago, skibum said:

It's fun to see Burrow's Bungals getting kicked around, but I wouldn't count them out just yet. They have shown they can right their ship before. It's a long season. 

I think we can count them out. 0-3 start, only 1 team has made the playoffs in 24 years.

4 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

I think we can count them out. 0-3 start, only 1 team has made the playoffs in 24 years.

Panthers, Giants, Browns in 3 of their next 4. They have to win those 4 to get to worst case 3-4. That division is going to beat itself up. The Ravens are only 1-2 (hopefully 1-3 by this time next week) and the Steelers are 3-0 paper tigers. There is still a route for Cincy if they can win 3 of their next 4. 

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Panthers, Giants, Browns in 3 of their next 4. They have to win those 4 to get to worst case 3-4. That division is going to beat itself up. The Ravens are only 1-2 (hopefully 1-3 by this time next week) and the Steelers are 3-0 paper tigers. There is still a route for Cincy if they can win 3 of their next 4. 

I’m sure the teams that started 0-3 before also had some winnable games left on their schedule. 

They aren’t gonna win the division. Maybe they sneak into last WC spot. Maybe.

I wonder if McCarthy lasts the season. Dallas has been absolutely destroyed at home even going back to last year's playoff game vs GB. Now they get run over by the Saints and Ravens. If Dallas loses this Thursday night to the Giants to fall to 1-3. I could Jerry getting ready to make a change.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Only 3 weeks ago I was texting a mate saying the AFC North was the best division in football. Comes at you fast this game. 

3 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Only 3 weeks ago I was texting a mate saying the AFC North was the best division in football. Comes at you fast this game. 

And the NFC South looks like a bona fide good division…

• Like (+1) 1

Bengals definitely not out of it. 10-7 may win that division. They have an easy schedule. Bengals beat Panthers and Ravens and Ravens lose to Buffalo and Cincinnati and they are a full game ahead in two weeks. 

I'm not buying the Steelers, but eventually they do need to start losing games. Tomlin is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

And the NFC South looks like a bona fide good division…

It'll be interesting to see how both our thoughts are holding by week 7/8. They could both have swung back around again. However, Cleveland don't look like racing a level that far above Carolina at the moment. Especially with Garratt being out. 

Edited by BritBill

Just now, BritBill said:

It'll be interesting to see how both our thoughts are holding by week 7/8. They could both have swung back around again. However, Cleveland don't look like racing a level that far above Carolina at the moment. Especially with Garratt being out. 

Cleveland is a bad football team right now, and I think the Ravens are highly overrated, as everyone will hopefully discover on Sunday night.  I think Pittsburgh is for real and that they have found a formula that, while not pretty, can get them to 11-6 in that division.

• Agree 1