Week 3 - Around the NFL

chongli

1 hour ago, Xwnyer said:

This week instead of a PI call on the team that KC was playing making a major impact on the outcome of the game a blatant PI call was not made against the chiefs defender that never turned toward the ball and is basically tackling the receiver as the ball is approaching him.

We all sensed last week on 4th & 16 v.s. the Bungles that the DPI bail out was coming. And, it was a good call.

One week later.

Cook grabs the WR at the GL impeding his progress.
Meh.

Ticks Every Play Tack.

But THEN he follows him with back turned to the ball and literally drives through him with a Tackle… PRE ball arrival!

This can NEVER not be called DPI!

Never… unless it’s the Kansas City Cheats the NFL is trying to grease! 

IMG_2529.png

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

It's exactly the same as the Cheater 'dynasty'.  An absolutey game-changing bogus long PI call goes the Pats way to completely alter the game in their favor - then some meaningless 5 yd defensive holding penalty is called against them the next series to "even it out".  Rinse and repeat game after game

The "make up" call on McDuffie was BS. This is what is so pathetic and disturbing about NFL refereeing. They know they made a huge mistake (nobody is perfect, I get it) so they go and make matters worse by knowingly making a garbage call, as though they were somehow making things better. In fact it is flat out dishonest and just goes to show that they have and deserve no credibility. A blown call is bad, an intentionally fraudulent penalty call is actually worse.  No wonder people question their integrity. They cheapen the game.

Dont see why PI calls and even non-PI calls cannot be reviewable. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

The "make up" call on McDuffie was BS. This is what is so pathetic and disturbing about NFL refereeing. They know they made a huge mistake (nobody is perfect, I get it) so they go and make matters worse by knowingly making a garbage call, as though they were somehow making things better. In fact it is flat out dishonest and just goes to show that they have and deserve no credibility. A blown call is bad, an intentionally fraudulent penalty call is actually worse.  No wonder people question their integrity. They cheapen the game.

Agree completely with this take. And it doesn’t have to be reviewable. The Zebras can simply form of their little clown circles, stop the game and ask: “ Did anybody else see something and throw the flag!

Personally, if I was Bills Mafia on Pre KC Game Day and prominently in front of the Stadium , I would get together a loooong line of fans with the blow up pic of this play and signs saying:

”Refs… call this game fairly!”

27 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

One could argue that the non call was a make up effort for the terrible roughing the passer penalty on Chris Jones earlier in the game. It really just boils down to human beings making mistakes. Refereeing is not exactly objective.

The ref was behind the receiver so his view could have been obstructed to see it clearly. If the ball was thrown high above the receiver’s head it would’ve been easier to spot the infraction. Not excusing what happened. Just offering a different perspective than refs favor KC bandwagon that everyone seem to be on. 

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Suddenly, Sam Darnold is playing like a top 3 pick when we need Minnesota to have a high draft pick.  Remember when we thought the Vikings would be horrible and our 2nd round pick from the Diggs trade would be in the low 30s?  

It will be interesting to see what happens with Darnold after this season if he continues to play at a high level.  Would Minnesota consider re-signing him to a big contract & putting McCarthy on the trade market or let Darnold walk in free agency.  I could see the Giants making a big play for him if he's a UFA.  Imagine him coming back to NY and winning as Giants QB while the Jets have nobody once Rodgers retires.  

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

If PI was reviewable they would have to admit that they make up the criteria as they go.

35 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If PI was reviewable they would have to admit that they make up the criteria as they go.

I think it would be a better fan experience, but maybe the league feels it would allow too much questioning of the refs, and be a slippery slope. But for the integrity of the game, coaches should be allowed to challenge PI. 

8 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I think it would be a better fan experience, but maybe the league feels it would allow too much questioning of the refs, and be a slippery slope. But for the integrity of the game, coaches should be allowed to challenge PI. 

I thought they could at one time.

Wasn't there a new rule when the Saints got screwed by a PI call and they made a new rule ?

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

One could argue that the non call was a make up effort for the terrible roughing the passer penalty on Chris Jones earlier in the game. It really just boils down to human beings making mistakes. Refereeing is not exactly objective.

The ref was behind the receiver so his view could have been obstructed to see it clearly. If the ball was thrown high above the receiver’s head it would’ve been easier to spot the infraction. Not excusing what happened. Just offering a different perspective than refs favor KC bandwagon that everyone seem to be on. 

Agree the back judge had a poor view of the play. But there are six other officials on the field. And there is League Headquarters. Basically millions of people saw exactly what happened but not one official? We do have the technology to make it right. Why not use it?
And if that was a make up for a bad call on Chris Jones (he did throw a fit), it only makes the whole thing worse. 

2 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

We all sensed last week on 4th & 16 v.s. the Bungles that the DPI bail out was coming. And, it was a good call.

One week later.

Cook grabs the WR at the GL impeding his progress.
Meh.

Ticks Every Play Tack.

But THEN he follows him with back turned to the ball and literally drives through him with a Tackle… PRE ball arrival!

This can NEVER not be called DPI!

Never… unless it’s the Kansas City Cheats the NFL is trying to grease! 

IMG_2529.png

I love early in the game on one of Mahomes scramble plays video guys kept replaying obvious holding non calls with announcers saying nothing.  It is so obvious NFL wants Chefs to win another... so much bs

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Yea I do think the back judge had a poor view. He was square on behind trying to look through two guys.

57 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think fins are going to bottom out and will likely reach Carolina-like levels of futility and disfunction. They just made so many fundamentally awful decisions in the past few years.  

That's divine intervention, with a side serving of karma.  All rightfully because of Ross doing 'the Waddle'. 🤨