Week 3 - Around the NFL

chongli

1 hour ago, Hsker4life said:

They did get one call on the last drive. But a token PI call around midfield is not the same as a missed PI in the end zone on 3rd down that would have made it 1st and goal at the 1. 

It's exactly the same as the Cheater 'dynasty'.  An absolutey game-changing bogus long PI call goes the Pats way to completely alter the game in their favor - then some meaningless 5 yd defensive holding penalty is called against them the next series to "even it out".  Rinse and repeat game after game

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

At Kelce’s age you need to go extra hard in the offseason to keep up with the young guns. I’m kind of wondering if he didn’t put the work in due to his media responsibilities.

He was probably devoting too much of his time putting in work in the bedroom instead of in the gym and out there running drills.  Those repeated hip thrusts aren't going to help much playing football 😂

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

At Kelce’s age you need to go extra hard in the offseason to keep up with the young guns. I’m kind of wondering if he didn’t put the work in due to his media responsibilities.

I agree. This has to be the issue. ...but Kelce is only 34. He visibly looks a bit dumpy, flabbier arms, more of a gut. Man, at 34 you still don't feel much slow down when it comes to looking good and fitness. I do agree he's likely slacked in his training....or at least never adjusted. 

Yes, fighters and football players lose some ability, but in many ways that's prime time for looking good. 

1 hour ago, Kaenon said:

The Chiefs will be hard to beat if they keep getting these calls every game.

It’s ridiculous that they’re on both sides of the calls and it still goes their way lol. Like week 2 they get the pretty obvious pi call late to win it that’s fine….but then week 3 they conmit pretty obvious pi late and the refs swallow the whistle.  Then some bs makeup call on the next falcons drive that’s way less impactful is supposed to make us feel like the game was fair 😂

• Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

You know how I know the Chiefs are impressive

because they can be 3-0 vs at least two playoff teams w Mahomes playing some of the worst ball of his career and people are saying they aren't impressive😂😂

Cincy sure doesn’t play like a playoff team at the start of season but that’s a decent point.  Kelce seems checked out so I don’t think mahomes below average play is really random chance that is definitely gonna pick up though 

1 minute ago, Repulsif said:

can someone explain how this is not a DPI please

GYISFfvXUAABO0R?format=jpg&name=small

Can't explain it. It was either a very badly blown call by the refs because they are blind as bats or they purposely didn't call it because they didn't want to call a game changing play against the Chiefs.  Either way, those refs shouldn't ref another game again.  Its one thing to miss some bang bang play in traffic. Its another when its this blatant and out in the open.  You can't tell me the refs didn't have eyes on it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Leads the league in Receptions and is second in Receiving yards.

And felonies.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Can't explain it. It was either a very badly blown call by the refs because they are blind as bats or they purposely didn't call it because they didn't want to call a game changing play against the Chiefs.  Either way, those refs shouldn't ref another game again.  Its one thing to miss some bang bang play in traffic. Its another when its this blatant and out in the open.  You can't tell me the refs didn't have eyes on it.

The ref is literally standing right behind the play...how could he NOT have eyes on it?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The league does not care.  There are bad guys all over this league and always have been.

Unless they get caught on video hitting a woman...then they throw the book at them and ban them from the NFL indefinitely.

Edited by Big Turk

Lol - from Meta AI just now when I asked it one of the pre-canned questions “How does Mahomes force wins?”:

”The person is likely referring to Patrick Mahomes, the quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs. They're probably suggesting that the NFL or referees are favoring Mahomes or the Chiefs, influencing game outcomes.

However, it's essential to remember that:

1. Mahomes is an exceptional player who consistently performs at a high level.
2. The NFL has strict rules and regulations to ensure fair play.
3. Wins are determined by the entire team's effort, not just one player.

It's possible the commenter is frustrated with the Chiefs' success or perceived favoritism, but "forcing" wins isn't accurate. Mahomes earns his victories through impressive gameplay!”

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Lol - from Meta AI just now when I asked it one of the pre-canned questions “How does Mahomes force wins?”:

”The person is likely referring to Patrick Mahomes, the quarterback of the Kansas City Chiefs. They're probably suggesting that the NFL or referees are favoring Mahomes or the Chiefs, influencing game outcomes.

However, it's essential to remember that:

1. Mahomes is an exceptional player who consistently performs at a high level.
2. The NFL has strict rules and regulations to ensure fair play.
3. Wins are determined by the entire team's effort, not just one player.

It's possible the commenter is frustrated with the Chiefs' success or perceived favoritism, but "forcing" wins isn't accurate. Mahomes earns his victories through impressive gameplay!”

Even AI favors them. Dammit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

To be fair, the Falcons lost 2 of their OLers fairly early in the game, and that really hampered their offense for the rest of the game, especially in the run game near the goal line.

Yes that was huge problem for Cousins most of the night but a good OC adjusts with a quick passing game and running north south . Instead the Falcons kept doing that terrible hitch screen and lateral runs even after they failed repeatedly.