Week 3 - Around the NFL

chongli

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Really? I hated the last two play calls - if you are running on 3rd down run it wil Bijan not Allgeirs and then a 4th down play that asks Allgeirs to make the key block is dumb (no surprise he whiffed). But overall I don't think Morris was the problem (albeit I haven't seen the whole game) and week 1 was all about Kirk being rusty as hell. 

Those are the play calls that define a coach. They are horrible calls regardless of the RB. Nfl teams stone those plays all the time now, and the cheat code is the qb sneak. Agree with @HappyDays here.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

From the Bills playoff game last year to these 3 games: Chiefs just seem lucky not good.... but they keep winning.... it's crazy

We kinda had this conversation about the Bills the other day but the way KC are now playing they are not gonna blow a ton of teams out they are going to drag themselves into a lot of these games that go right to the end. It lets teams hang around with you in a way go back 2 or 3 years they didn't do. But ultimately they keep pulling them out.

I'm not going to blame Morris for the play call but him snap calling a timeout with 1 minute left and then trying to do it again after the next play shows he doesn't have even a basic understanding of the situation or clock management. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, GunnerBill said:

We kinda had this conversation about the Bills the other day but the way KC are now playing they are not gonna blow a ton of teams out they are going to drag themselves into a lot of these games that go right to the end. It lets teams hang around with you in a way go back 2 or 3 years they didn't do. But ultimately they keep pulling them out.

They are tinkering and managing Kelce

They did this last year

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Raheem Morris just isn’t an nfl coach he’s one dropped Barkley pass from 0-3…if he simply kicks that field goal and didn’t go on 4th he’d still have a chance at the end. 

Should have hired the Hoodie Arthur. 

I get the decision to go for it.

the idea is if you don’t get the 4 th down you feel your D can stop KC and you get the ball back still needing a TD.

if Buffalo did that and kick a FG and they didn’t get close again people on here would  be ripping McD nads off for poor play ca

ling 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Those are the play calls that define a coach. They are horrible calls regardless of the RB. Nfl teams stone those plays all the time now, and the cheat code is the qb sneak. Agree with @HappyDays here.

Those 2 play calls, while I agree bad, in a week 3 game are not defining the career of a coach. That is an overreaction.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They did run two bad plays, but that does not even come close to excusing the call. 

There was a terrible call vs Chris Jones earlier. There was a bad call vs mcduffie on the final drive too (that was not dpi). This stuff evens out and you can’t excuse the terrible playcalling at the end when ATL had the freaking game in their hands. Come on.

• Agree 2

Just now, dma0034 said:

From the Bills playoff game last year to these 3 games: Chiefs just seem lucky not good.... but they keep winning.... it's crazy

Fortunately for the chiefs they have the best OC in the NFL that is one of the best in nfl history at scheming up the perfect play on game winning drives.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Those 2 play calls, while I agree bad, in a week 3 game are not defining the career of a coach. That is an overreaction.

Well, he was not a good coach earlier in his previous stint. And they should be 0-3 if not for a Saquan drop on a perfect throw. I mean, his record is 22-40 now.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Cousins was moving the ball.  Not sure why you wouldn't give him two throws to get 3 or 4 yards rather than Robinson who was averaging 1.7 ypc.

I agree. I also think you spread out the Chiefs and make them play the pass

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

This puts the Falcon on the 1 yard line.

Falcons defense stiffened up as well.

This cost the Falcons the game

Terrible blatant non call...but what do you expect. Kc & the shield are in a full blown love affair. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

I'm not going to blame Morris for the play call but him snap calling a timeout with 1 minute left and then trying to do it again after the next play shows he doesn't have even a basic understanding of the situation or clock management. 

I agree. But it think it says a lot about him that the guy he hired to call said idiotic play is not exactly a hot commodity in NFL circles

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

There was a terrible call vs Chris Jones earlier. There was a bad call vs mcduffie on the final drive too (that was not dpi). This stuff evens out and you can’t excuse the terrible playcalling at the end when ATL had the freaking game in their hands. Come on.

and not just once but twice they drove down the field and pooped the bed.