Week 3 - Around the NFL

chongli

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

They haven't played their best ball and they've beaten 3 pretty good teams, I'm very impressed tbh

I guess we'll see how everything pans out, but the Bengals are 0-2 and got smoked by the hapless Pats, the Ravens are 1-2 and now the Falcons are 1-2 and seem like they are headed for a .500 season.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

The first photo isn't from last week. They played the Bengals last week but I know the play from that game that you intended and it most definitely was PI. 

But so was the 2nd photo. Complete blown call. No idea how that isn't flagged.

Bad call, but on third and 4th and short, ATL chose to run the worst, lowest percentage plays in the game. They deserved to lose.

Just now, BillsfaninChicago said:

Yup exactly. Hate to make the comparison but reminds me of Brady’s Patriot teams. Always seemed like they were beatable yet rarely were they.

Yeah

People acting like Mahomes is going to carry a 1-1 TD- turnover ratio the whole season

They're unfortunately still class of the league

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You don't need anymore games to know that Raheem Morris isn't head coach material. Let's be honest, they should be 0-3. And everyone can see it's the coaching before anything else.

Really? I hated the last two play calls - if you are running on 3rd down run it wil Bijan not Allgeirs and then a 4th down play that asks Allgeirs to make the key block is dumb (no surprise he whiffed). But overall I don't think Morris was the problem (albeit I haven't seen the whole game) and week 1 was all about Kirk being rusty as hell. 

2 minutes ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

Yup exactly. Hate to make the comparison but reminds me of Brady’s Patriot teams. Always seemed like they were beatable yet rarely were they.

It's a good comparison. Brady and Co often started off slow, even looking awful and sometimes getting blown out.

But when it mattered they were dialed in

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Bad call, but on third and 4th and short, ATL chose to run the worst, lowest percentage plays in the game. They deserved to lose.

They did run two bad plays, but that does not even come close to excusing the call. 

5 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

You have Bijan - you put that ball in halfback dive with a fullback and get a yard.  A stretch outside when you haven’t been getting much push out there on 4th and 1?

so bad

Yeah.  You need to go North/South not East/West on 4th and inches.  Horrible call.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Cousins can’t sneak. The Jets will lose a game because of this too

To me it's higher percentage to just put Penix in and do a tush push, twice if necessary

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Really? I hated the last two play calls - if you are running on 3rd down run it wil Bijan not Allgeirs and then a 4th down play that asks Allgeirs to make the key block is dumb (no surprise he whiffed). But overall I don't think Morris was the problem (albeit I haven't seen the whole game) and week 1 was all about Kirk being rusty as hell. 

The head coach owns his OC's play calls in that situation. Ultimately it all falls on him.

Sports is so psychological.

People have brought it up - but this is just how the Pats were.  Teams psyched themselves out against the Pats almost every time.  They got too cute, and over-thought everything.  That's KC now.  

It's icky, but it's real.

• Agree 1