Week 3 - Around the NFL

chongli

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually don't think it was. The Rice one against Brighton (also for delaying a restart) 3 weeks ago WAS a BS soft call when he rolled the ball about a foot. But the Premier League has made kicking the ball away to delay a restart a point of emphasis this season, Trossard volleyed the ball away already on a booking. It was idiotic. And it definitely cost us 2 points. If Arsenal have a complaint today it is where 7 minutes of added time came from when the ball was in play 35 minutes 2nd half (the joint highest in any 2nd half so far this season). But we'd have played until Man City equalised anyway.

Speak English.

• Haha (+1) 6

• Simon unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, SoTier said:

I think that Young probably should have been on the bench at least part of last season.  I think he's lost confidence in himself, and his teammates have lost confidence in him because he doesn't seem to know what he's doing. 

I'm not a fan of just throwing a rookie QB, even a #1 overall pick, into the fire, which seems to be what most coaches like to do these days.  OTJ training doesn't work well if the student doesn't have enough of an understanding of the pro game concepts to have at least some success.   I think that rookie QBs like CJ Stroud are the exceptions; most will benefit from sitting on the bench and observing for at least a while as rookies. Mahomes spent almost all of his rookie season on the bench.  Allen came back much a much better QB after an injury forced him to the bench for a several games.

Hopefully, Young benefits from sitting on the bench for a while and shines when he gets another opportunity.

I don’t see it.  He didn’t even flash as competent or exciting in any of his starts.  I’m not saying he can’t be a decent player but his best path forward might be as a competent backup on a different team, but that seems like a long way to go from where he is now.  His backup just showed how much his teammates had given up on him and how much his play impacted the offense. He’s small, doesn’t read defenses well and has terrible pocket presence.  Basically he’s Rob Johnson without the physical attributes.  He’ll get more chances, but I think yesterday just sunk his trade value to almost non existent.  You could also tell Dalton isn’t there to support Young, he’s there to take his job. 

I really enjoyed having Sunday Ticket today. Geno Smith & Seahags D whipping the Dolphins, knocking out the Fish QB. In comes Tim Boyle.  I wonder if the Fish will poach Mike White from our practice squad.

I don't like either team, but love to see the Cowboys getting their asses handed to them by Ravens. Occasional shots of Jerrah with a headache. Cows came back, made a game of it, only lost by 3.

Who had Carolina over the Raiders?  Anybody?  Not bloody likely.

Saints D stepped on their dick and let the Eagles win. Shameful letdown from Saints.

Giants win - holy cow.

Rams over 49ers.  Impressive.

Doesn't anybody bet on WHO WINS THE **** GAME ANYMORE???  All this over/under stuff is boring.  I miss the old football pools at work, although I do not miss working.

• Like (+1) 2

Just finished watching the Chiefs game from last night. KC has officially become the Brady Pats where they have the experience and just do what it takes to win on offense and then wait for the opposition to choke the game away. Two trips in the red zone for Atlanta at the end of the game and the Falcons O coordinator dials up the worst plays in the playbook and they lose. Spagnulo is a great defensive coach but it really helps when the opposing offense crumbles. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Just finished watching the Chiefs game from last night. KC has officially become the Brady Pats where they have the experience and just do what it takes to win on offense and then wait for the opposition to choke the game away. Two trips in the red zone for Atlanta at the end of the game and the Falcons O coordinator dials up the worst plays in the playbook and they lose. Spagnulo is a great defensive coach but it really helps when the opposing offense crumbles. 

To be fair, the Falcons lost 2 of their OLers fairly early in the game, and that really hampered their offense for the rest of the game, especially in the run game near the goal line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SoTier said:

To be fair, the Falcons lost 2 of their OLers fairly early in the game, and that really hampered their offense for the rest of the game, especially in the run game near the goal line.

Still a bunk play call by the OC, and I don’t typically go to playcalling as a reason for a loss. Running laterally to the LOS isn’t good strategy on 4th and inches. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not going to cry over that PI. If Falcons kick the FGs they win. They didn't play great in this game and made tons of turnovers and mistakes. They got some calls on the last drive. Hate that last play call. 

If I take one thing away from this game, it's that we really should have tried to sign Simmons. Still looks solid and could be a difference maker v Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Still a bunk play call by the OC, and I don’t typically go to playcalling as a reason for a loss. Running laterally to the LOS isn’t good strategy on 4th and inches. 

My memory may be failing me but I seem to recall the Chiefs running a toss against the Bills on 4th and inches and scoring a 40 yard TD and winning the game.

10 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

I'm not going to cry over that PI. If Falcons kick the FGs they win. They didn't play great in this game and made tons of turnovers and mistakes. They got some calls on the last drive. Hate that last play call. 

If I take one thing away from this game, it's that we really should have tried to sign Simmons. Still looks solid and could be a difference maker v Mahomes. 

They did get one call on the last drive. But a token PI call around midfield is not the same as a missed PI in the end zone on 3rd down that would have made it 1st and goal at the 1. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2