Mercury Morris Died

hondo in seattle

5 hours ago, ticketssince61 said:

RIP - he had some amazing moves - you don't see those much anymore from anybody.

Is it because RB's don't run the same way or that defenders are bigger, stronger, faster that you can't do them anymore?

That's a good question.

Even with the resurgence of the running game, running backs don't seem to dominate in the same way they used to back in the day.

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

That's a good question.

Even with the resurgence of the running game, running backs don't seem to dominate in the same way they used to back in the day.

I don't mean this as a slam on Morris or as a joke, but could the drugs play a part?  I would imagine playing while on cocaine can make one jittery, quick, and elusive.  I've often wondered...

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Thank you.  I'm 66 but hope to remain among the vertical for a little while longer...:lol:

you have 3 years on me and I am grateful to still be above ground, for sure.

I have lost too many friends who left just before or not far after 60, no day is a given. I have by no means been a perfect choir boy through my travels in life, made many mistakes and bad choices.

but, in later years after the oats were sown, I first forgave myself then went onto make it right with those close to me who I may of done wrong. I now look at life with a different perspective and try not to judge those who may have fallen off the path, knowing that I too had fallen and picked my ass back up. 

life is short as they say but with more days behind me than ahead of me and time seemingly moving so much faster then when I wore a younger man's shoes, I just try and take it one day at a time.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/22/2024 at 11:40 PM, hondo in seattle said:

Mercury Morris, the Dolphin's elecrifying RB from the 60s and 70s, just died. 

When the Fins went undefeated in 1972, both Morris (scatback) and Larry Csonka (bruiser) rushed for 1,000 yards - an NFL first.

RIP.  

He was a lot of fun to watch. Great player. RIP.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Thank you.  I'm 66 but hope to remain among the vertical for a little while longer...:lol:

I’m about to turn 72 and I am horizontal, because I’m laying on a beach towel, staring into space waiting for the Bills game to start tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Scale from youngest to oldest:

Earth, Sun, Neanderthals, Keith Richards, me.. 🤷‍♂️

Here is something to put all of this old talk into perspective... is this tragic irony? 😢

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan