I'm curious. Does anyone think Travis Henry is

The physical conditioning is probably not that big an issue. He always appeared to be in good shape.

The thing is, Travis is a virtual idiot, who probably needs practice in trying to remember his left from his right.

As some of you may recall, I was against the trade for JP. The thing is, this kid is breaking his ass every day and is poised to prove me wrong.

Travis otoh couldn't remember blocking assignments nor run correct pass routes when he practiced every week. Being idle cannot be helping him in terms of learning what little he seems to be capable of grasping.

Despite what many say here, there ARE reasons why TD was unable to dump TH, and it is NOT because the other 31 GMs are "dumb."

Travis is extremely limited, and is not helping his cause by pouting.

while he is holding out from all of these mini-camps?  I'd like to think he is working out and keeping himself ready to play, but I have not seen any reports saying he is working out at Tennessee or anywhere else.  Has anyone heard any updates?

363194[/snapback]

i think it is funny that you post this question because i was thinking the same thing last week. he has never come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer....and i kind of think he is going to be like Antowain Smith trying to pass Belichick's annual wind sprint test. You would think that after he failed it two years in a row, he might come into camp in decent shape. I kind of think Travis Henry is cut from the same clothe.

i think it is funny that you post this question because i was thinking the same thing last week.  he has never come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer....and i kind of think he is going to be like Antowain Smith trying to pass Belichick's annual wind sprint test.  You would think that after he failed it two years in a row, he might come into camp in decent shape.  I kind of think Travis Henry is cut from the same clothe.

363390[/snapback]

Wow! We do eat our young here, eh? :w00t:

Antowain Smith never struck me as being unintelligent, but he did have a tendancy to get a little lazy in the offseason. I think that is the reason, more than his actual performance on the field, that got him in Joe Pendry's doghouse, and thusly, gave him little opportunity to play, when he was clearly the best running back on the roster.

Travis, on the other hand, has always had questionable intelligence, but as far as I know, has never been accused of being lazy....so now the two are cut from the same cloth? How do you figure?

Wow!  We do eat our young here, eh? :w00t:

Antowain Smith never struck me as being unintelligent, but he did have a tendancy to get a little lazy in the offseason.  I think that is the reason, more than his actual performance on the field, that got him in Joe Pendry's doghouse, and thusly, gave him little opportunity to play, when he was clearly the best running back on the roster. 

Travis, on the other hand, has always had questionable intelligence, but as far as I know, has never been accused of being lazy....so now the two are cut from the same cloth?  How do you figure?

363402[/snapback]

i didn't put that much thought in to my post to care as much as you do....but my point was not comparing them by intelligence but that since Henry isn't the smartest guy in town, he may not be smart enough to stay in shape....hence the comparison of Smith and not being in good condition.

Wow!  We do eat our young here, eh? :w00t:

Antowain Smith never struck me as being unintelligent, but he did have a tendancy to get a little lazy in the offseason.  I think that is the reason, more than his actual performance on the field, that got him in Joe Pendry's doghouse, and thusly, gave him little opportunity to play, when he was clearly the best running back on the roster. 

Travis, on the other hand, has always had questionable intelligence, but as far as I know, has never been accused of being lazy....so now the two are cut from the same cloth?  How do you figure?

363402[/snapback]

Actually, he could stand to put a few pounds back on, IMO. He got small trying to shed the reputation for not being a breakaway runner. In the process, he got a little quicker, but he became much less stout. Remember when he came into the league and they said tackling him was like trying to tackle a fire hydrant? He used to have remarkable balance and seemed to always shed the first tackler. The past two years it seems his game has changed completely. He's now more of a hit the hole quick, go down quick type of runner. He probably gets just as many yards overall, but the effect those yards have on the defense is lessened.

Actually, he could stand to put a few pounds back on, IMO.  He got small trying to shed the reputation for not being a breakaway runner.  In the process, he got a little quicker, but he became much less stout.  Remember when he came into the league and they said tackling him was like trying to tackle a fire hydrant?  He used to have remarkable balance and seemed to always shed the first tackler.  The past two years it seems his game has changed completely.  He's now more of a hit the hole quick, go down quick type of runner.  He probably gets just as many yards overall, but the effect those yards have on the defense is lessened.

363749[/snapback]

Nice point Badol. I'd agree with that myself.