Which NFL team/teams will relocate next?

major

The Chargers are the most vulnerable franchise.  They seem like the only NFL team without a home or fanbase.  Not sure where they go however.  LA doesn’t need two teams.  

Sacramento is the 20th largest TV market, Portland 23rd, Salt Lake 27th.  

Salt Lake has two successful college programs each w 50k+ capacity stadiums. Not sure they want an NFL team.  

9 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Kansas City Chiefs- to Kansas from Missouri almost seems like its going to happen.

Los Angeles Chargers- Maybe either Portland or San Antonio??

These two seem like the most likely now that the Jaguars aren't moving

Other teams that I could see moving just because sometime in the future:

Cincinnati Bengals- Aging Stadium, Cheap ass ownership. Could see them headed to somewhere like St.Louis

Carolina Panthers- Seems more like a college football area than a professional team. Owner is a meddler and the stadium is going on 30 years old now.

Carolina is an interesting one, but would the NFL be willing for forego an East coast team from Atlanta to DC?

No team in SC, NC or VA?

Seems like population-wise, they need to have a presence there. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Seems like population-wise, they need to have a presence there. 

Charlotte is the 20th biggest TV market.  Raleigh the 21st.  Carolina just needs better management.  The Bills wandered in the desert for decades between Polian and Beane.  Things got so bad the Bills were constantly in the relocation rumors.  Get good management in Carolina and all the relocation BS ends.  

• Agree 2

FYI Here are the top 50 metropolitan areas (by population). Areas without a team are in bold:

New York–Newark–Jersey City, NY-NJ
Los Angeles–Long Beach–Anaheim, CA
Chicago–Naperville–Elgin, IL
Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington, TX
Houston–Pasadena–The Woodlands, TX
Atlanta–Sandy Springs–Roswell, GA
Washington–Arlington–Alexandria, DC
Philadelphia–Camden–Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
Miami–Fort Lauderdale–West Palm Beach, FL
Phoenix–Mesa–Chandler, AZ
Boston–Cambridge–Newton, MA-NH
Riverside–San Bernardino–Ontario, CA
San Francisco–Oakland–Fremont, CA
Detroit–Warren–Dearborn, MI
Seattle–Tacoma–Bellevue, WA
Minneapolis–St. Paul–Bloomington, MN-WI
Tampa–St. Petersburg–Clearwater, FL
San Diego–Chula Vista–Carlsbad, CA
Denver–Aurora–Centennial, CO
Baltimore–Columbia–Towson, MD
Orlando–Kissimmee–Sanford, FL
Charlotte–Concord–Gastonia, NC-SC
St. Louis, MO-IL
San Antonio–New Braunfels, TX
Portland–Vancouver–Hillsboro, OR
Austin–Round Rock–San Marcos, TX

Pittsburgh, PA
Sacramento–Roseville–Folsom, CA
Las Vegas–Henderson–North Las Vegas, NV
Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN
Kansas City, MO-KS
Columbus, OH
Cleveland, OH
Indianapolis–Carmel–Greenwood, IN
Nashville-Davidson–Murfreesboro–Franklin, TN
San Jose–Sunnyvale–Santa Clara, CA
Virginia Beach–Chesapeake–Norfolk, VA-NC

Jacksonville, FL
Providence–Warwick, RI-MA
Milwaukee–Waukesha, WI
Raleigh–Cary, NC
Oklahoma City, OK
Louisville/Jefferson County, KY-IN
Richmond, VA
Memphis, TN-MS-AR
Salt Lake City–Murray, UT
Birmingham, AL
Fresno, CA
Grand Rapids–Wyoming–Kentwood, MI

Buffalo–Cheektowaga, NY

31 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Charlotte is the 20th biggest TV market.  Raleigh the 21st.  Carolina just needs better management.  The Bills wandered in the desert for decades between Polian and Beane.  Things got so bad the Bills were constantly in the relocation rumors.  Get good management in Carolina and all the relocation BS ends.  

But the Bills fans kept the pressure off by still showing up every week for the party, they never really abandoned ship

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

Give the Bills about ten years, and then they move. High ticket prices coupled with high personal seat licenses will trigger very low attendance during a few years of a bottom dwelling rebuilding scenario. 

Maybe not.

This may be the most depressing post I have read on here

• Agree 1

I wouldn't wish this on any fan base.  We all lived through this. 

The Chargers do seem to be the "in between jobs" friend who randomly crashes on different peoples couches until their welcome is worn out and they are asked to leave.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gtw3 said:

I wouldn't wish this on any fan base.  We all lived through this. 

The Chargers do seem to be the "in between jobs" friend who randomly crashes on different peoples couches until their welcome is worn out and they are asked to leave.

The Raiders as well, except they were analogous to the friend who slept on your couch, ate out of your fridge, and after leaving for someone else's couch, they hit it big on scratch off lottery tickets. 🙁

• Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, major said:

We’ve seen the raiders move to Las Vegas and the Chargers and Rams to LA. Who will be next? I’ve heard for years that the Jags would move to London but that fire has seemed to die down. I have one for you (and I’m not lying or making this up). The Hunt family is seriously considering moving the Chiefs back to Dallas. They (Hunt siblings) own FC Dallas soccer and have many ties (past and present) to the Dallas area. Mayor of Dallas wants an afc team and cotton bowl (original home of the Dallas Texans and cowboys) is currently being renovated. It all came to a head when KC voters rejected stadium deal. Stay tuned… 2030 is the target date. This could send Jerry Jones to the grave having competition in his neck of the woods. I can’t say where I got this from, but it’s someone in the know. 

Over the next 25 years….

not seeing Chiefs moving to Dallas. KC is due to start building a new stadium ( likely in Kansas near the race track)

if New Orleans get destroyed from the next Katrina then San Antonio/ Austin gets the team

Jacksonville is looking to get a new stadium.

Washington could build a new stadium in northern Virginia. They are scoping out a new stadium site.

reason Vegas got a team was because Bay Area would not build a stadium. Same with San Diego.

tampa is due for a hurricane that destroys the city.  That could se the team move to Orlando 

therr are a few teams 15 yrs from now are due a new stadium and you get an outside owner with no ties to the city you can see St. Louis, San Antonio/Austin, London, Mexico City , and Toronto reaching out.

12 hours ago, major said:

We’ve seen the raiders move to Las Vegas and the Chargers and Rams to LA.

Also:

Baltimore to Indianapolis

Cleveland to Baltimore

St. Louis to Phoenix

Oakland to Los Angeles and back to Oakland

Houston to Nashville

And before my time:

Los Angeles to San Diego

My vote is the Saints.

Superdome is old: - was built in 1975.  Currently being renovated.

Ownership is tenuous:  Gayle Benson, Tom Benson's widow inherited the team in a contentious dispute with the rest of the family.  She's 77.   She's stated publicly she plans on selling the team upon her death, and donating the proceeds to New Orleans-area charity.  

Long term lease isn't a done deal:  The team begrudgingly made an $11.4 million payment for renovations due to the equally contentious discussions pertaining to a long term lease between the Saints and the State, which owns the Superdome.

On Carolina, I live near there and don't think there's too much chance they'll leave.  This is one of the fastest growing areas in the country.  The area is definitely a college basketball market first, but there is support for the Panthers.  They just need a some wins.  Not too many fans are rabid followers of teams of failure (like Bills fans, lol).     

5 hours ago, BearNorth said:

My daughter lived in SD for 10 years after college, for some of them her apartment was right down the street from Qualcomm.  There are way too many things to do in San Diego on a beautiful fall/early winter afternoon other than watching football.  That's part of the problem.  I do think if they can overcome Jerrah & McNair, I could definitely see a team based in either Austin or San Antonio.  5 million people live in those two adjacent metropolitan areas, those two [after San Diego] are the largest cities without a team.

12 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

San Diego St looks like they have a decent stadium now

They support the Padres. Fourth in average attendance this year. I think San Diego can support an NFL team, but the city won’t contribute for a new stadium. It won’t happen without a new stadium.

Snap Dragon where San Diego St plays is really nice for a college stadium. I’m pretty sure that was all on the school.