Which NFL team/teams will relocate next?

major

7 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Kansas City Chiefs- to Kansas from Missouri almost seems like its going to happen.

Los Angeles Chargers- Maybe either Portland or San Antonio??

These two seem like the most likely now that the Jaguars aren't moving

Other teams that I could see moving just because sometime in the future:

Cincinnati Bengals- Aging Stadium, Cheap ass ownership. Could see them headed to somewhere like St.Louis

Carolina Panthers- Seems more like a college football area than a professional team. Owner is a meddler and the stadium is going on 30 years old now.

Yea once Mike Brown dies the Bengals are rip for moving IMO. The Chargers probably aren't in LA for good but who knows where they end up. 

My instinct on KC is they stay put but which state that ends up I'm less sure :D

5 minutes ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

Give the Bills about ten years, and then they move. High ticket prices coupled with high personal seat licenses will trigger very low attendance during a few years of a bottom dwelling rebuilding scenario. 

Maybe not.

Bills signed a thirty year lease.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

you really think Jerry Jones, who would kill to see a team out of San Antonio would allow for "The Dallas Chargers"?

come on...

The Chargers are paying a rent of one dollar a year!  Why on earth are they going to move? 

what would be the point of moving the Chiefs across the border?  To...where? I don't get it.

Chargers moved because the owner didn't want to spend on a stadium.  The Rams left St. Louis because they wouldn't build a new stadium.  So you think this is a natural match? lol.....

Regarding the Chiefs, Kansas City , KS seems much more willing to fund the bond issue required to build the Hunts their new palace.  Not so on the Missouri side.  If the stadium issue does not resolve there, the Chiefs will move somewhere.

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I could see the Chargers moving again.

Los Angeles HATES them...when every game is a road game, it makes it tough to stay in a city long term.

LA will never embrace an NFL Team, Buffalo style, too much competition on a Sunday afternoon, biking, beaches, outdoor activities and entertainment events. In 1985 I attended a Rams game in LA that featured Eric Dickerson, the home crowd acted bored and disinterested. Reason LA went many years without a team.

I can see Chiefs moving to Kansas, kind of like what happened with Giants and Jets. Not sure St. Louis will ever have a team again. Lost two teams, even though these moves were due to ownership being determined to move. I don’t see the Joneses allowing another team anywhere remotely near them. Chargers probably not going anywhere. I don’t have any idea about the Panthers.

6 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Leases can be broken. There’s a buyout clause written within the lease. 

If the Bills leave in the first 14 years they would have to repay all public funding, $600mm to NY State and $250mm to Erie County. What municipality or state is going to absorb that, plus having to build a new stadium, to get an NFL Franchise?

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, chris heff said:

If the Bills leave in the first 14 years they would have to repay all public funding, $600mm to NY State and $250mm to Erie County. What municipality or state is going to absorb that, plus having to build a new stadium, to get an NFL Franchise?

https://www.investigativepost.org/2023/01/26/weak-relocation-clause-in-bills-lease/

…..granted, the “reporter” clearly writes as one with a burr in his saddle.

Edited by US Egg

6 minutes ago, chris heff said:

$850 million is pocket change, mere irritation money, to anyone to wants to own an NFL team. It won't stop any buyers of the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

My daughter lived in SD for 10 years after college, for some of them her apartment was right down the street from Qualcomm.  There are way too many things to do in San Diego on a beautiful fall/early winter afternoon other than watching football.  That's part of the problem.  I do think if they can overcome Jerrah & McNair, I could definitely see a team based in either Austin or San Antonio.  5 million people live in those two adjacent metropolitan areas, those two [after San Diego] are the largest cities without a team.

i always hear Austin, but is it that a college fb hot bed?

Edited by Mike in Horseheads
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

i always hear Austin, but its that a college fb hot bed?

Texas Memorial Stadium and the Alamodome are 80 miles apart in a 5 million person metro area.  In football mad [Friday Night Lights] Texas, about the same distance as Rochester or Toronto to OP.

2 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Texas Memorial Stadium and the Alamodome are 80 miles apart in a 5 million person metro area.  In football mad [Friday Night Lights] Texas, about the same distance as Rochester or Toronto to OP.

Is Texas really pro football mad though? I’m actually curious, the Cowboys are ingrained as classic Americana and Texas culture, but do people even care about the Houston Texans? 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Regarding the Chiefs, Kansas City , KS seems much more willing to fund the bond issue required to build the Hunts their new palace.  Not so on the Missouri side.  If the stadium issue does not resolve there, the Chiefs will move somewhere.

7 more years on the lease.  Plus, this wouldn't count as a "move" ,as they would still be the KC Chiefs. 

It's like Kraft using Connecticut to squeeze out a new stadium in Foxboro.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, chris heff said:

I can see Chiefs moving to Kansas, kind of like what happened with Giants and Jets. Not sure St. Louis will ever have a team again. Lost two teams, even though these moves were due to ownership being determined to move. I don’t see the Joneses allowing another team anywhere remotely near them. Chargers probably not going anywhere. I don’t have any idea about the Panthers.

For kids in Kansas...

To those who speak Spanish...

Doing crazy damage, so the whack get banished...

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Baltimore. They need a  new stadium and the city and state doesn’t have it. Plus Washington is near by to absorb its fans. 

Wonder if they will pack up in the middle of the night again and ghost them? 🤣

1 hour ago, wppete said:

Baltimore. They need a  new stadium and the city and state doesn’t have it. Plus Washington is near by to absorb its fans. 

They already have a new lease and like 600m of tax money to upgrade, same with the Orioles. Md didn't mess around

• Like (+1) 1