Which NFL team/teams will relocate next?

major

We’ve seen the raiders move to Las Vegas and the Chargers and Rams to LA. Who will be next? I’ve heard for years that the Jags would move to London but that fire has seemed to die down. I have one for you (and I’m not lying or making this up). The Hunt family is seriously considering moving the Chiefs back to Dallas. They (Hunt siblings) own FC Dallas soccer and have many ties (past and present) to the Dallas area. Mayor of Dallas wants an afc team and cotton bowl (original home of the Dallas Texans and cowboys) is currently being renovated. It all came to a head when KC voters rejected stadium deal. Stay tuned… 2030 is the target date. This could send Jerry Jones to the grave having competition in his neck of the woods. I can’t say where I got this from, but it’s someone in the know. 

Jags are building a new stadium and will need a place to play for the 2025 or 2026 season...

There was talk that the NFL was testing the Jags playing in London 2 weeks in a row to test how much of an advantage it would be for them to be there waiting while the other team has to come over on a normal week..

Unfortunately the Bills ended up as the team that got chosen to get screwed by the NFL for it.

If the NFL thought it was OK, there was discussion that they would play their home games that season the stadium was being built in London and would either play all their home games first to start the seasona and then go back to Jacksonville as their base for the road games or do all their road games starting in Jacksonville as the base and then go to London for a few months and play all their home games aa the travel back and forth would be too much for them on a week to week basis.

Not sure if that is still a viable option or not at this point.

22 minutes ago, major said:

We’ve seen the raiders move to Las Vegas and the Chargers and Rams to LA. Who will be next? I’ve heard for years that the Jags would move to London but that fire has seemed to die down. I have one for you (and I’m not lying or making this up). The Hunt family is seriously considering moving the Chiefs back to Dallas. They (Hunt siblings) own FC Dallas soccer and have many ties (past and present) to the Dallas area. Mayor of Dallas wants an afc team and cotton bowl (original home of the Dallas Texans and cowboys) is currently being renovated. It all came to a head when KC voters rejected stadium deal. Stay tuned… 2030 is the target date. This could send Jerry Jones to the grave having competition in his neck of the woods. I can’t say where I got this from, but it’s someone in the know. 

If they move (which I think is as likely as any team considering they are in need of a new stadium) I’d put money on Austin 

The Chargers are probably going to move because they pay rent and don’t have a loyal fan base. I don’t think people realize how bad Qualcomm Stadium was. There was no way you could justify paying NFL prices at that place. They had to move, and LA was the most convenient option.

Edited by uticaclub

21 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The Chargers are probably going to move because they pay rent and don’t have a loyal fan base. I don’t think people realize how bad Qualcomm Stadium was. There was no way you could justify paying NFL prices at that place. They had to move, and LA was the most convenient option.

San Diego St looks like they have a decent stadium now

Kansas City Chiefs- to Kansas from Missouri almost seems like its going to happen.

Los Angeles Chargers- Maybe either Portland or San Antonio??

These two seem like the most likely now that the Jaguars aren't moving

Other teams that I could see moving just because sometime in the future:

Cincinnati Bengals- Aging Stadium, Cheap ass ownership. Could see them headed to somewhere like St.Louis

Carolina Panthers- Seems more like a college football area than a professional team. Owner is a meddler and the stadium is going on 30 years old now.

Edited by gonzo1105