Have you ever quit following a sports team?

Miyagi-Do Karate

Grew up a Yankees fan.  I stopped following them simply because I don’t like watching baseball anymore.  

When I was a kid, I could read off the starting lineup/batting order, all the stats, standings, the All Stars from both leagues….

After my freshman year in college, I wanted to quit.  I played this sport since I was 5 and now I am 19.  But I stayed because it paid for my school.  

Burnout is real…I now can’t watch an inning of baseball.

• Like (+1) 2

for me unfollowing the Buffalo Sabres after I left the WNY area in the 70's occured for sheer lack of visibility.   At the time there were nowhere near the number of viewing options available on TV.  I always loved the sport especially live games at the Aud back in the day

Now since I have access to ESPN Plus I am fully back on the Buffalo Sabres train woooooot woooooot 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

I watched every Celtics game I could in the late 80's early 90's.   I loved Larry Bird.   After he retired I followed the Pacers when he was a coach.  After that I haven't watch NBA at all.  I watched some of the finals this year since the Celts were in it but before that I couldn't tell you one player on the Celtics.    NBA isn't for me anymore.  

• Like (+1) 1