Mayfield dropping tidbits on Tom Brady's last season - says team was 'stressed out' by him

Big Turk

47 minutes ago, Simon said:

20 QBs I would rather go to battle with than Tom Brady:

(in no particular order)

John Elway

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Aaron Rodgers

Pat Mahomes

Brett Favre

Peyton Manning

Josh Allen

Dan Marino

Jim Kelly

Ken Stabler

Johnny U

Warren Moon

Fran Tarkenton

Otto Graham

Dan Fouts

Steve McNair

Kurt Warner

Phillip Rivers

I can only come up with 19, so I guess Brady just slips into my Top 20.

Just because you hate me is no reason to disagree with me.

Take out Montana & Mahomes, and Brady has more SuperBowls than the entire list… Some of these guys I’m pretty sure pre-date the forward pass.

None of this is news nor first time posted.  Post a combined thread "Media member and former team members report Tom Brady is a douche".

and only reason why I would not spell iT*m Br*dy as I usually do for that cheater is because I want it to show up in searches.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Well, some of it, yes.

If it's true that he was intentionally throwing balls in the dirt any time he didn't like his OC's playcall, I mean...that's um...not so great.

If, as an OC, you’re calling plays that the QB hates… you’re doing it wrong.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

20 QBs I would rather go to battle with than Tom Brady:

(in no particular order)

John Elway

Joe Montana

Steve Young

Aaron Rodgers

Pat Mahomes

Brett Favre

Peyton Manning

Josh Allen

Dan Marino

Jim Kelly

Ken Stabler

Johnny U

Warren Moon

Fran Tarkenton

Otto Graham

Dan Fouts

Steve McNair

Kurt Warner

Phillip Rivers

I can only come up with 19, so I guess Brady just slips into my Top 20.

Just because you hate me is no reason to disagree with me.

lol Phil Rivers...

55 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's about what Mayfield said on a podcast. What does being AI generated have to do with what he said?  He said it.

At what point in the podcast does he say where the fellas told him they wished they had Winston back because he never yelled at them?

1 hour ago, Augie said:

At least he didn’t punch a teammate in the head, like Michael Jordan. Some of the greats are wired differently and that is part of why they are so great. If you’re the GOAT they let you get away with this a bit more than if you are just a JAG. 

I probably would want to punch Steve Kerr in the head too.

17 minutes ago, Einstein said:

If, as an OC, you’re calling plays that the QB hates… you’re doing it wrong.

Yep, probably so. 

And if, as a QB, you're purposely throwing balls in the dirt because you don't like the playcall, you're a whiny piss baby.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This was about Tom Brady, not Joe Brady...updated title to remove any ambiguity

Turk, I’m sorry, that’s more clear.  Please delete any thoughts of previous comments.  As always I stand corrected to my bud Turk.

BTW- I agree Tom Brady is a pain and I know people at One Bucs Place.  This was unclear.  TB12 deserves to be in a booth or whatever.

The cheating. I can never get past it. 

The whining. The outbursts at teammates when things don’t go his way. The turtling the last 7 years of his career when a DE was close. 

All those 17-16 wins with the Pats the last few years there where lucky flags and shrewd coaching won games. 

I watched more Brady games than any other non-Bills QB the last 25 years and I’ll tell you that the best QB I ever saw was PEYTON MANNING. And it wasn’t close. 

13 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

The cheating. I can never get past it. 

The whining. The outbursts at teammates when things don’t go his way. The turtling the last 7 years of his career when a DE was close. 

All those 17-16 wins with the Pats the last few years there where lucky flags and shrewd coaching won games. 

I watched more Brady games than any other non-Bills QB the last 25 years and I’ll tell you that the best QB I ever saw was PEYTON MANNING. And it wasn’t close. 

Yep. Brady got two super bowl wins largely due to Belichicks great coaching. 2001 win against Rams and the other one against the Rams (2018 season) 13-3. His 2001 post season run was largely the beneficiary of Belichick's defense and same with 2018 (also add in great run game). Belichick is a huge reason for Brady's success overall. Stick him in Cleveland during that time and he fails. 

The best QB play I ever saw was Allen's 2021 playoff run vs the Patriots and Chiefs where his defense let him down. No QB has been that dominant but let down by his defense in such a way. Brady never touched those numbers. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All that stuff was fine when they were actively competing for SBs. But in that last year, Tom Brady (after getting a coach fired and all but choosing his successor) was clearly running on fumes but still was making everyone's lives miserable. Like I said about Belichick, joyless football is fine when the team is great. Winning cures all problems. When a team is not winning, that stuff wears thin really fast.

Edited by Low Positive
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Yep. Brady got two super bowl wins largely due to Belichicks great coaching. 2001 win against Rams and the other one against the Rams (2018 season) 13-3. His 2001 post season run was largely the beneficiary of Belichick's defense and same with 2018 (also add in great run game). Belichick is a huge reason for Brady's success overall. Stick him in Cleveland during that time and he fails. 

The best QB play I ever saw was Allen's 2021 playoff run vs the Patriots and Chiefs where his defense let him down. No QB has been that dominant but let down by his defense in such a way. Brady never touched those numbers. 

Exactly right. 

The narrative has shifted since Brady won with the Bucs and Belichick failed with NE. 

But who failed is not Belichick the coach but Belichick the GM who gutted the roster over the years. Brady knew when to leave and he did. 

At the peak of the Pats dynasty, Belichick with the aid of cheating and gamesmanship was still one of the greatest coaching minds ever. 

Agree on Allen. He’s a Super Bowl run away from being seen in the light he deserves. Among the absolute greats. 

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

All that stuff was fine when they were actively competing for SBs. But in that last year, Tom Brady (after getting a coach fired and all but choosing his successor) was clearly running on fumes but still was making everyone's lives miserable. Like I said about Belichick, joyless football is fine when the team is great. Winning cures all problems. When a team is not winning, that stuff wears thin really fast.

This is completely why Tom and Bill worked. They were both relentless to the point of exhausting others around them.