Mayfield dropping tidbits on Tom Brady's last season - says team was 'stressed out' by him

Big Turk

Wow...Mayfield dropping some info...

Says the team was stressed out by Brady the last year especially and that if he told his OC Byron Leftwich that he didn't like a play during the week and it was called in a game that he would intentionally throw the ball at the receiver's or running back's feet to show him who was in charge/in control of things and his displeasure. Also appears it might be related to Brady not respecting him enough since he was 2 years older than Leftwich.

Brady apparently isn't the squeaky clean guy the media tries to make him out to be...

Wonder how much other stuff like this goes on that you don't hear about...

Baker Mayfield suggests Tom Brady 'stressed out' team

On the podcast, Mayfield said, "The building was a little bit different with Tom in there. Obviously, playing-wise, Tom is different. He had everybody dialed in, high-strung environment, so I think everybody was pretty stressed out."

Mayfield went on to say, "You hear some of the stories about if he didn’t like a certain play call and he didn’t like it throughout the week and they still call it in the game, there might have been a throwaway on purpose or throwing it at the running back or receiver’s feet. There were a lot of mind games going on."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/buccaneers-qb-baker-mayfield-says-152739052.html

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

Brady's sideline blow ups are well documented. He has always appeared to be a difficult teammate. He blew up at coaches a well. When things didn't go right he devolved into a whiny brat.

But this is not new. We've all known this for forever. He is a douche, but he was a great QB and competitor. Those things sometimes go hand in hand, for some reason. There have been a lot of jerk control freaks at QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Turk, I always like your posts, but from a guy in Tampa, Mayfield has a history of being a bit outspoken.  It may all be true, but he’s the OC and it’s in him, not him second guessing his OC.  He has to answer up to McD.

I think time will tell, but appreciate the information.

Brady being a control freak douche is not really news, at least to me.

There was absolutely ZERO benefit to Mayfield saying this publicly, though.

Josh Allen is so mind bogglingly elite at giving interviews. Other players -- like Mayfield in this instance -- are, um....not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Turk, I always like your posts, but from a guy in Tampa, Mayfield has a history of being a bit outspoken.  It may all be true, but he’s the OC and it’s in him, not him second guessing his OC.  He has to answer up to McD.

Wait, what?

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I'm not sure if you're posting tongue in cheek or not... 😀

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...Mayfield dropping some info...

Says the team was stressed out by Brady the last year especially and that if he told his OC Byron Leftwich that he didn't like a play during the week and it was called in a game that he would intentionally throw the ball at the receiver's or running back's feet to show him who was in charge/in control of things and his displeasure. Also appears it might be related to Brady not respecting him enough since he was 2 years older than Leftwich.

Brady apparently isn't the squeaky clean guy the media tries to make him out to be...

Wonder how much other stuff like this goes on that you don't hear about...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/buccaneers-qb-baker-mayfield-says-152739052.html

Brady is not a choir boy.  Yes he has an inflated ego.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Wait, what?

Process, meaning Brady isn’t the head coach to second guess, but the OC who has primary responsibilities under review of McD for the game plan.  He has to live with his baby.  A different dynamic.  As far as Mayfield I like what he’s doing in Tampa, but he hasn’t been shy with his opinions in the past.  Most franchise QB’s keep their mouth shut.

I hope that clarifies.

If this is true, anyone really shocked, and Brady get away with it?

But if I were a Tampa Bay fan, I would be a little  miffed at Baker who has had problems in prior places, dumping on someone that lead the Teams to the ultimate prize.  Something Baker should keep to himself or within the team, let someone else bring it up.

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Um wait were they even on the same roster together

no never

if i was Mayfield,  and i just revived my career after wandering the wastes of the NFL for a handful of seasons,  after being done dirty by the Browns, their fans wishing you were their QB again,  instead of the sexual predator they have now,  id keep my friggen mouth shut.   doesnt matter if what he says about Brady is true or not,  its not a good look.  shut up,  worry about on the field,  not off of it.  not that hard.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How about Leftwich listen to the guy who’s won 7 super bowls and not run plays he knows Brady has rejected. I mean come on seriously, Byron Leftwhich is overriding Tom Brady on plays inserted into the weekly game plan, it almost seems unbelievable.

Just when I started coming around on Baker, thinking ok he’s grown up some and has his head on straight, he goes back to flapping his gums because he’s got a stretch of good games under his belt and a contract. Baker is what he is I guess.

21 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Process, meaning Brady isn’t the head coach to second guess, but the OC who has primary responsibilities under review of McD for the game plan.  He has to live with his baby.  A different dynamic.  As far as Mayfield I like what he’s doing in Tampa, but he hasn’t been shy with his opinions in the past.  Most franchise QB’s keep their mouth shut.

I hope that clarifies.

The story and the thread are about "Tom" Brady last year, not the Bills' "Joe" Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

This was about Tom Brady, not Joe Brady...updated title to remove any ambiguity

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1