Who's the Bills' best kept secret in 2024? Bills players weigh in (article)

Logic

33 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Same-  I’m just worried that he has no chance to sniff the 53 this season unless we get 2 injuries to the S position.  

just waiting for him to get poached by an afc team

Obviously if he has a shot at an active roster, he'll probably take it. 

But I'm hoping -- HOPING -- that if any other team tries to poach him, the fact that he's here with his college position coach will cause him to consider choosing to stay in Buffalo instead.

I agree that his only realistic path to snaps this season is a catastrophic run of injury luck. It would be awesome if he could compete for a roster spot next season, though, after a full year of learning the playbook and gaining the trust of the coaches.

Hi, I'm Logic, and my toxic trait is that I get unreasonably optimistic about former high round draft pick flameouts resurrecting their careers in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Ed Oliver.  Quietest 9.5 sacks by a DT maybe ever.  4th down blowing up the guard and getting the sack was art.  He is playing pretty dominate football for a year now.  Due to his size he can eat a double team in the run game from time to time.  I think PFF negatively affects his overall perceptions.  Dude is a top 5 tackle and is not talked about as such. 

Did you see Chris Long talk about buying his jersey?  Very funny.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Same-  I’m just worried that he has no chance to sniff the 53 this season unless we get 2 injuries to the S position.  

just waiting for him to get poached by an afc team

I'm concerned about that too.

Cine could be the most talented Safety we have on the roster, so I doubt the Bills will let another team sign him.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

The Bills as a team maybe the best kept secret.  The whole narrative was that Buffalo got rid of Diggs, Davis, Morse, Bates, Poyer, Hyde, and White and were now a bunch of talentless hacks with 60 mil in dead cap, no no. 1 receiver and an injury riddled defense.  

Here is Rich Eisen getting clue.

This team is Deep.

Love Groot saying the whole OL, they're playing at a very high level,  DL as well. Very pleased. 

Had to call in to ESPN today, Bart and Hahn, got out of work early,  driving and Scott just continues to bash the Bills and prop up NYJ. I respect his Fandom but just had to call out his hypocritical takes 

Said he would take ARod over Allen for rest of season 

Said Diggs was a massive loss but then in the same sentence downplays his role in Hou

In the summer stated we lost our best defensive player in Jordan Poyer

It was actually a respectful and good listen, around 2pm or so if anyone wants to find it. 

Edited by JerseyBills

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Obviously if he has a shot at an active roster, he'll probably take it. 

But I'm hoping -- HOPING -- that if any other team tries to poach him, the fact that he's here with his college position coach will cause him to consider choosing to stay in Buffalo instead.

I agree that his only realistic path to snaps this season is a catastrophic run of injury luck. It would be awesome if he could compete for a roster spot next season, though, after a full year of learning the playbook and gaining the trust of the coaches.

Hi, I'm Logic, and my toxic trait is that I get unreasonably optimistic about former high round draft pick flameouts resurrecting their careers in Buffalo.

That toxic trait is far better than being down on every decision the team makes, 

Hi I’m Don and my toxic trait is stating the obvious and thinking I’m right all the time 🤣 🍸🚬

31 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Said he would take ARod over Allen for rest of season 

Said Diggs was a massive loss but then in the same sentence downplays his role in Hou

In the summer stated we lost our best defensive player in Jordan Poyer

Hard to respect someone with opinions like this.  Did he watch the Bills roast Poyer in the Miami game?  Allen’s rating is 124.2.  Rodgers 103.  Rodgers is a statute in the pockets.  What is he going to do against the Bills pass rush with his mediocre o-line? I get being a fan, but facts are facts.  

44 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Hard to respect someone with opinions like this.  Did he watch the Bills roast Poyer in the Miami game?  Allen’s rating is 124.2.  Rodgers 103.  Rodgers is a statute in the pockets.  What is he going to do against the Bills pass rush with his mediocre o-line? I get being a fan, but facts are facts.  

I reminded him of all these things, his partner actually agreed w me, I brought up culture and coaching as well and he went on a rant about when he joined the Jets and brought a winning culture, I really need to find this audio

I just listened back to my call - Bart Scott after I hung up and we were talking about the matchup, I quote - "Damar Hamlin better not be standing on the train tracks when Bralen Allen is coming through "

Implying he'll have another heart attack, seems below the belt to say, I love getting under Jets fans skin

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Agreed on Andreesen. I feel like if Baylon Spector struggles in the next couple outings, I wouldn't mind seeing what Andreesen has to offer. Maybe I'm a season early on him, though. 

As for me, I forgot that we signed Lewis Cine to the practice squad. Cool to hear that he's making plays in practice. I'm probably in the extreme minority who actually feels pretty good about the Bills' safety position. Hamlin has looked a lot better this season, Bishop and Cine are talented and athletic youngsters, and Edwards and Jackson are heady vets that probably deserve more looks.

Cine & Andreesen are 2 players I absolutely can't wait to see what they have.  At this point who knows if Milano can ever stay healthy again?