Flashback EJ manual comeback drive

mikemac2001

I was in the corner endzone where Stevie scored. My friend, a Panthers fan, was kicked in the head right after Stevie caught the ball. Hurt him pretty good. As we are leaving the game he turned to me and said “I wonder what would have happened to me had the Panthers won!”.

Rewatching that drive makes me question what we were all thinking when we thought EJ Manuel had arrived. He had one good play that drive and was bailed out three times. Once by Fred dropping the ball and another time by the ref. He also threw a pass behind Spilled that was deflected and almost INT’ed.

Winston won the national championship with essentially the same FSU team once EJ left. Hate Whaley, Hate Brandon, Hate Manuel, Marrone and Hackett . . . . .thanks for the walk down crappy football, coaching and managment lane!

55 minutes ago, Capco said:

You seem like foruming comes before football 😂

Watching the game that day was rather dull until the end and it was fun to watch their reactions counter to the Bills reactions. 

16 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

9/15/2013 bills vs panthers 

i was at the game but then was thinking who was coaching there and realized the DC was McDermott and thought it was interesting 

This drive looked sluggish and unimpressive... until it won the game.  

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

All set up by Ron Rivera deciding to kick a field goal on 4th and 1 to put the Panthers ahead by 6 with less than a minute left.

OMG - if you were to substitute Sean McDermott name for Ron River’s, it would….still……be……

48 minutes ago, boyst said:

Watching the game that day was rather dull until the end and it was fun to watch their reactions counter to the Bills reactions. 

That's fair.  When the games lack entertainment, the internet provides other forms.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, not sure he makes it elsewhere either...but just saying he was for sure not going to here.  We provided the worst case scenario for him, not sure I have ever seen a drafted QB as mishandled and managed as he was here.  

Josh has a case?

Drafted to sit, but starts second half of week 1.

Backup is known bad QB Nate Peterman (who is not an NFL vet)

One of the least talented team in the franchises’ history

Pairing him with an OC with a not great track record at best

Scrambling to pull an actual NFL vet off the couch in October in Derek Anderson