Week 3 Thursday Night Football Pats/Jets

Scott7975

6 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Thursday games are trash and you can’t really tell much about a team from them in my opinion.

Yes, I’m well aware what I’m saying…

I don’t think the Bills vs Dolphins game told us much about the Bills this year.

It only revealed that the Dolphins are frauds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

Not at all surprised. Biggest takeaway may be actual Bengals concern.

The Bengals look to be starting similar to us last season.  Week 1 loss to a terrible team, the fumlbing around.  They have time to get their team together, but the wheels could completely come off it they flounder.

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

Everybody is pumping up the Jets like they played a competent team. The Pats are equivalent to the Panthers. This game has zero predictive power for how the Jets or Rodgers are going to do this season.

I just don't get comments like this. The Jets played who was on their NFL schedule and they manhandled the Pats. What else are they supposed to do? They literally kicked the sh&&t out of em. Jets looked good the way they should have. Rodgers looked good vs the Titans too which was a tougher game - but the jets were in control for most of that game.

Are the Bills world beaters because we beat a crappy Miami team that might finish below the Pats? Hells no! We will see Monday night who we are and hopefully it's a power house Bills team this year cause we need it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I don’t think the Bills vs Dolphins game told us much about the Bills this year.

It only revealed that the Dolphins are frauds.

Lol, I don’t think it’s allowed to work that way. The nfl is such a tight league in terms of skill levels and games really come down to very few actual plays that matter in terms of the outcome.

playing on that amount of short rest, if one team is just slightly impacted more…plus Miami played in high heat and humidity in week 1, which totally could explain that. 

20 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I just don't get comments like this. The Jets played who was on their NFL schedule and they manhandled the Pats. What else are they supposed to do? They literally kicked the sh&&t out of em. Jets looked good the way they should have. Rodgers looked good vs the Titans too which was a tougher game - but the jets were in control for most of that game.

Are the Bills world beaters because we beat a crappy Miami team that might finish below the Pats? Hells no! We will see Monday night who we are and hopefully it's a power house Bills team this year cause we need it.

All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t draw many conclusions from this game, just like I don’t think we can draw too many conclusions from the Bills beating down the Dolphins.

Crushing terrible teams can be done by mediocre and great teams alike. Let me know when the Jets beat a decent team, or even survive a team with a good pass rush.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

All I’m saying is that I wouldn’t draw many conclusions from this game, just like I don’t think we can draw too many conclusions from the Bills beating down the Dolphins.

Crushing terrible teams can be done by mediocre and great teams alike. Let me know when the Jets beat a decent team, or even survive a team with a good pass rush.

I hear ya - but what is " a decent team"?!? I mean, i think Titans are decent enough. Anyway, I get what you are saying 100%. Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Dillenger4 said:

I hear ya - but what is " a decent team"?!? I mean, i think Titans are decent enough. Anyway, I get what you are saying 100%. Go Bills!!

Titans are terrible. They went 6-11 last year and somehow look even worse this year.

The Patriots are now the drought-era Bills.  Just a bad team - hardly any talent, no real QB, bad coaching.  A couple of players on defense to give the fanbase some miniscule level of vague hope, but nothing else. 

Everything has to go their way to even come close to winning a game.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I am genuinely concerned about the Jets now. Rodgers looked to me like one of the best qbs to ever play the game both last night and in parts of the Titans game. He is unfortunately still EXTREMELY good. 

His command of the offense was very impressive, definitely a bit concerning. And he hasn't even gotten his chemistry down with Garrett Wilson yet. Their connection was off a few times last night, once they get that going their offense could be legitimately scary.

I will say Sauce Gardner doesn't look as impressive as he did last year to me, their run defense is susceptible, and I think their coaching staff is bad. Still they will be a tough out if Rodgers stays healthy.

This is how Rodgers and Saleh explained awkward hug moment...

"Part of the things that we’ve been talking about is to just get the defense a two-score lead," Saleh told reporters, grinning. 

"And it was a two-score lead, so I guess he just wanted to see something on defense. He just reminded me that we got a two-score lead.

"Oh, awkward? No, it wasn’t awkward at all," Rodgers said of the interaction with a laugh. 

"He’s not a big hugger usually. So, I didn’t know he was going for the hug. He likes to do the two-hand chest push as well. But he talks a lot about two-score leads. So I kind of just gave him a push and said ‘two-score lead.’ That’s what happened." 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aaron-rodgers-explains-why-he-rejected-robert-saleh-s-hug-in-jets-home-opening-win/ar-AA1qTVPT?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=8aef80d3573341df83dc491aca831d6a&ei=21

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

Even without Tua, the Fins are better than the Pats.  Dominating a legitimate playoff contender on the road on a short week is definitely more impressive than whipping a team likely to pick in the top 3 in the 2025 draft at home.

2 hours ago, QCity said:

I keep hearing this "Jets have a weak schedule" talk. Aside from 3 games, we have the same matchups.

3/17 games is a pretty big deal, especially when you look at who we play in those 3 games, compared to who they play. 

I don’t know yet if the Jets can beat a Baltimore, Kansas City or Detroit.   I do think they can beat up the Broncos, Vikings and Steelers. 

Edited by SCBills

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That's kind of what happens when you hire a lifelong DC as your OC and a ST coach as the QB coach. I don't think Jones was even going to turn into an elite QB, but sticking him with Matt Patricia as his OC and Judge as QB coach did him no favors. 

The Pats ***** Mac Jones up with bad coaching hires and poor offensive supporting casts. I don’t think he was ever going to be a top 10ish QB but I think he could have been a early 49ers Jimmy G type game manager plus had he been given a quality OC after McDaniels left and the Pats added a few better pieces around him.

It’s one of those cases of an organization regressing around a player that showed promise for a season. Not that I feel bad for the Pats but it’s just interesting to me how badly they bungled Jones

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1