Week 3 Thursday Night Football Pats/Jets

Scott7975

27 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Man Rodgers looks so old.  I can't believe he can play at that level still.  I dont care if the Pats suck.

Rodgers looks like this though...

LC%20theory%206.jpg

stormare.jpeg.b57a4146abee1278ad006988d6b3b1ae.jpeg

He's got that old sweaty psycho vibe going though

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The jets are the team I hate the most and nobody else is even close. I live an hour from MetLife these MFers are going to be intolerable for the next week. They just beat the 2 worst teams in the AFC with 2 yard passes and refs ball washing Rodgers but you’d think they were 12-0. I’m confident that we are the real one in this division but I can’t bare the thought of how annoying these jet fans are about to be.

We play them in 3 weeks.  Bills just need to take care of business.

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Makes sense. They still have the Mac Jones saga in their heads too.  They don’t want to rush Maye out there and mess w his head as a rookie.  But i’m sure he will be in there at some point this season.

Mac Jones is such an odd case to me. He came out as a rookie and took his team to an 11-6 record and the playoffs. He looked like a competent game manager as a rookie which is not a backhanded complement that's actually impressive to run an offense (even a risk averse one) competently as a rookie. But then he just regressed massively after a productive rookie season. He went 6-8 his second year and then last year 2-9 and his stats and play took a dip as well. Usually a QB will not regress to that extreme degree after a quality rookie season but dam if that did not happen to Mac Jones. 

Not at all surprised. Biggest takeaway may be actual Bengals concern. Feels like that entire offense is regressing and I'll take it!

Rodgers was razor sharp, which is kind of unfortunate. He's also only survived three of his Jets game and looked this good in one of them, so odds are this may not develop into an MVP season. Biggest story is probably his ayahuasca stare/snub at Saleh - I don't even think Hackett wants to be secretly in co-charge but he kind of is by default if Rodgers is really like that with his coach. Locker room could be a ticking timebomb of weirdness.

Edited by Nelius

Friday morning reflections:

1. The Patriots really are terrible. That week 1 win is going to be one of those "win week 1 and don't win again" flukes. I think the Marrone Jags did it a few years ago went 1-15 and the win was week 1. Other than the Panthers they are unquestionably the worst team in football.

2. Rodgers is moving better each week. He looked like the tin man week 1 at the 9ers but the old joints are nicely lubricated now and that opens up the playbook a bit and makes him a more dangerous prospect.

3. The decision to bring Maye in for that final drive was odd. Brissett is taking the team nowhere, that much is clear, but I thought the rationale for not starting Maye was that they couldn't protect him.... so why throw him out there at 24-3 against a defense in pure pin their ears back and pass rush mode? He made a couple of nice throws but the strategy behind it made no sense to me. 

4. I am allowing myself a chuckle at all the Breece Hall truthers. Best running back in football? He isn't even the best running back on the Jets. 

5. The question from this game going forward is how good is the Jets pass rush? Will McDonald now has five sacks in two games. If he can truly break out for them then that D goes back to being scary. Is that just against two ropey olines in Tennessee and New England? Or will it sustain when the competition ticks up a level?