Week 3 Thursday Night Football Pats/Jets

Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah this game is terrible. Save the free trial for a better matchup.

Every time I do a "free" trial, I forget, and then wonder why my account is short a certain amount. Happened when I joined Peacock for free for the Miami and KC playoff game too. 

I miss the old days when i could just turn my tv on and watch a game.

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah it's pretty boring. 14 to 3 Jets right now and probably will run away with it. The patriots really suck.

Just happy to hear the Pats even got on the board 😭

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALG1130 said:

Every time I do a "free" trial, I forget, and then wonder why my account is short a certain amount. Happened when I joined Peacock for free for the Miami and KC playoff game too. 

I miss the old days when i could just turn my tv on and watch a game.

Just happy to hear the Pats even got on the board 😭

Most trials you can cancel right away and still use the trial.  Thats what I have done in the past.  There is no forgetting that way.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, zow2 said:

Have to admit when i’m wrong.  Rodgers still has something left in the tank.  Surprised NE can’t get to him and make him rush 

I think Rodgers is at worst an above average NFL QB but NE not having much of a pass rush is not surprising. They traded Judon before the start of the season and lost Baremore to injury along with their best LB in Bentley to injury. So take the 3 of the best players off an average to below front 7 and it is gonna look bad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

Maybe see Drake Maye tonight?

Kind of feel like NE is wasting time by not playing him. Maybe they don’t want him exposed against the Jets D line. But he looked decent in preseason and they should get him out there this season and deal with the learning curve so he’s ready to roll in 2025.

3 minutes ago, Malazan said:

No idea why people were slobbering over them. They literally can't throw the ball. It was always going to catch up to them.

Beating the September version of the Bengals got them all hard

Just now, zow2 said:

Kind of feel like NE is wasting time by not playing him. Maybe they don’t want him exposed against the Jets D line. But he looked decent in preseason and they should get him out there this season and deal with the learning curve so he’s ready to roll in 2025.

NE is pulling what the Giants did with Kurt Warner/Eli Manning. Let the vet take the early season lumps and then plug in the rookie once the season is kind of lost and there's not much pressure. I also think NE probably wants to see how good or bad the surrounding offensive components are before throwing Maye out there. Because it is a lot easier to tailor an offense around Maye after you have 6+ weeks of regular season film of the guys that are going to be around him. 

I think it is the right call to let the rookie sit for at least 6 or so weeks and allow him to come into what will at best be a better situation or at worst be less exposure to a bad situation. 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I honestly wouldnt want to put him in this game.  Brisset may not be all that great but the dude has no time and is under a lot of pressure.  They would probably send the horses even more at a rookie QB.