[Misleading Title]

BillsSabres17

On 9/19/2024 at 1:56 PM, eball said:

By all accounts Elam is just a victim of the numbers game right now, but do we really want to lose that depth?  Injuries to CBs are pretty common.

Eman, this is a knee jerk reaction.  We’re fine. Elam is great depth.  Forget as you said about draft position.  What’s the value?  To the entire roster.

Its been a rollercoaster that is just broken most of the time.   I think the Bills drafted a guy with physical traits they thought they could develop into their zone type system, it was a reasonable assumption but it is not.  He is CB4

On 9/19/2024 at 2:34 PM, Max Fischer said:

Kair is the new Dane Jackson (with all the caveats).

Ingram will also have to get injured, I agree he is likely to see time at some point but he is tradeable from a Bills CB resources point of view.

36 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Its been a rollercoaster that is just broken most of the time.   I think the Bills drafted a guy with physical traits they thought they could develop into their zone type system, it was a reasonable assumption but it is not.  He is CB4

Ingram will also have to get injured, I agree he is likely to see time at some point but he is tradeable from a Bills CB resources point of view.

I am not persuaded yet that Ingram would go in as CB3 outside if Benford or Douglas came out. Although the plays he is making inside in nickel and dime looks are not hurting his case.

• Like (+1) 1

If we didn't pluck an absolute stud out of the 6th round at the same position I expect he'd be starting and doing at least 'OK'. Benford being a revelation changed the plan. Trading him now is selling at his absolute lowest value.

I still expect him to get his chance next year to start. I don't think they'll pay Douglas and they'll slide Elam in to replace him. I think the strength of his camp gives them confidence in his future. If he has a decent year, he might be a cheap re-sign.

On 9/19/2024 at 12:04 PM, BillsSabres17 said:

Calling the Eagles the "worst defense in football" is a major stretch, how will he help us? Spector would be on at least 24 teams practice squads, let alone starting. Lot of Eagles fans want White in instead of Dean, but the writing appears to be on the wall for him

I think you sell Spector short. He's a good athlete who seems to generally make the right read. I think people are too tied to his draft slot VS his actual play on the field.

If anything, I'm more worried about Wiliiams, whose play is still pretty frenetic.

I'm comfortable letting things ride, as long as Bernard is back in the next few weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1