[Misleading Title]

BillsSabres17

1 minute ago, Drew21PA said:

Just don’t play him against Jacksonville 

please 

Ohhh, I forgot watching him trot all over the field in London, and feeling so smart because I knew where the ball was going to go…..

But still!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

I thought he just had a great camp. He’s behind two guys that are playing good football and have held their positions since last season. With the Bills injury history on D I’m not giving up a solid corner who might be needed at some point

• Like (+1) 2

While this a rationalization, if Benford was selected in the 1st round and Elam the 6th, everyone would be elated that the Bills hit on a really good CB and then added excellent depth in the 6th and would not want to trade Elam. 

Totally understand the opportunity cost of drafting Elam in the 1st - could have had Tyler Linderbaum, Jermaine Johnson, George Karlaftis (imagine if they would have picked another D lineman) or Christian Watson. However, the draft is a crapshoot even in the 1st round. 

Players picked before Elam: Evan Neal (7th), Jahan Dotson (16th), Kenny Pickett (21st). 

Also need to play the long game - Douglas may not be back in '25 and Elam becomes a starter. 

I'd say do not trade.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ohhh, I forgot watching him trot all over the field in London, and feeling so smart because I knew where the ball was going to go…..

But still!!! 

I can’t believe we didn’t cut him

he should of just stayed in London 

2 hours ago, BillsSabres17 said:

It's now been three years since the Bills drafted Elam out of the University of Florida, and his career has been a rollercoaster....

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you

• Simon changed the title to [Misleading Title]
50 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

While this a rationalization, if Benford was selected in the 1st round and Elam the 6th, everyone would be elated that the Bills hit on a really good CB and then added excellent depth in the 6th and would not want to trade Elam. 

Totally understand the opportunity cost of drafting Elam in the 1st - could have had Tyler Linderbaum, Jermaine Johnson, George Karlaftis (imagine if they would have picked another D lineman) or Christian Watson. However, the draft is a crapshoot even in the 1st round. 

Players picked before Elam: Evan Neal (7th), Jahan Dotson (16th), Kenny Pickett (21st). 

Also need to play the long game - Douglas may not be back in '25 and Elam becomes a starter. 

I'd say do not trade.

Someone was adament that none of those three were first round talents by the way....... B-)

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Brought this up last year and got bashed.. His value will only keep going down 

His trade value may keep going down, but as others have noted, he's played decently when called upon and DBs tend to get hurt relatively frequently, so his value to the team this season goes up as the season progresses.  If the Bills make a serious run in the playoffs, they will likely need to use all of their DBs at one point or another.

2 hours ago, eball said:

By all accounts Elam is just a victim of the numbers game right now, but do we really want to lose that depth?  Injuries to CBs are pretty common.

A former first round pick whom you traded up for in no way should be a victim of “the numbers game” … he’s quite clearly a bust at this point IMO. 

3 hours ago, eball said:

By all accounts Elam is just a victim of the numbers game right now, but do we really want to lose that depth?  Injuries to CBs are pretty common.

It is not victim of the numbers game.  He does not seem to fit in to what defense plays and while he has physical attributes to play corner Bills defense requires good tacklers which he is not.  Evidently Bills were impressed by his physical attributes but he cannot seem to adapt to zone defenses YET.  

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

But still!!! 

Dude,

reading through your posts over many months, you have some anger issues.

let it out brother.

this is the outlet for it.

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

I thought he just had a great camp. He’s behind two guys that are playing good football and have held their positions since last season. With the Bills injury history on D I’m not giving up a solid corner who might be needed at some point

I wouldn’t give up a solid corner either.

But we are talking Elam.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I wouldn’t give up a solid corner either.

But we are talking Elam.

Ouch....:lol:

I want to see him playing healthy this year before I give up.

• Haha (+1) 1