What teams do you root against

Chas56

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

What a smorgasbord of choices…anyone in the AFC East is automatically tops as that’s always our first hurdle, then the SB teams who beat us…will never forgive nor forget…but Chiefs and Pats will have to flip a coin. What an unlikable bunch of punks we’re forced to be in a league with!!! 
giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952epgeo7srnm9a8v3ov0

The Giants really bothered me for the longest time.  Can’t forget making this then 7 year old crying his eye out.  Hell I even bought a Baltimore Ravens shirt after they beat them in the Super Bowl.

I would say this though the 2 Super Bowl wins over the Patriots helped ease the dislike a lot.  Plus since 2011 they’ve have their struggles as well.  The Jets even beat them 3 times in a row in the regular season now.  

And looking back the 1990 Giants were a pretty good team as well with a good coach.  Super Bowl 28 is the one to bother me now the most all these years removed.  

• Like (+1) 1

Eagles

I haven't been to an Eagles game where I haven't witnessed an Eagles fan physically assault a fan of the opposing team after the game. 

I'm not a fan of the Kelce Brothers overexposure, and I'm sick of seeing Jason Kelce everywhere. 

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Chas56 said:

I've been a Bills fan for decades, since the 60s. I was reading a post about rooting interests in the Baltimore-Dallas game got me thinking about past grievances and rooting for today's best interest saying that they were rooting for Dallas but throwing up in their mouths while doing it. Remembering the 90s Superbowls, the 0 for the Seventies Miami run, and more recently, the  Patriots dominating the Bills and cheating their asses off, when do we let the past go? I understand that a Dallas win is better for the Bills this week, but I just can't get there. I remember the pain of those two Super Bowl losses too much. Am I living too much in the past?

All of their AFCE teams for obvious reasons

The Browns bc Deshaun Watson is a weirdo 

Teams that I root for to lose this season

1. Pats - Very annoying bandwagon fans from their dynasty years, and just not very likable. Would enjoy it if they had a 17 year playoff drought of their own.

2. KC - Totally over saturated in coverage. Some of the most vitriolic fans I’ve encountered. Endless hyperbole about Mahomes being the GOAT when he is in a ridiculously favorable situation. Always seem to get bailed out somehow.

3. Jets/Dolphins - Division rivals, haven’t been good in a long time so the hatred has cooled somewhat.

4. Browns - Historically I root for them, but this version I always hope to lose.

5. Cowboys - Bleh

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m curious. With all the teams you could choose to despise, why Seattle and San Francisco? 

I live in Idaho and never really cared for the regional team (Seattle).  The bandwagon fans in my hometown were out of control in the legion of boom era.  Oddly enough I don't see cars with 12th man flags on them anymore lol.

The San Francisco thing dates back to the obnoxious fans from the 80s.  I think I've met maybe 2 San Francisco fans who I actually like as people.

I'll add Dallas to my list as well.

• Like (+1) 1

i root against everybody,  f em all.   Bills or nothing.   ill hope various teams win to help out the Bills at times,  beyond that,  dont care.   find it hard to root for players on other teams cuz the majority of them are overpaid asshats,  and the fanbases are even worse.   i did however root for Fitzmagic wherever he went,  love that guy.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 1

Packers and Browns.

Browns because that organization and QB is just disgusting. I hope they lose every game, regardless of opponent. 

Packers because it's annoying how we've all just decided that Jordan Love is going to be the MVP now. Yet every game I see him play in is similar: he does very little for 1/2 to 3/4 of the game, then makes a bunch of throws, then throws the back breaking INT to lose. 

Love is the next Fitzpatrick. Great guy, easy to root for (if you're a fan of the Pack)...

But somehow he is a top 5 QB, let alone a favorite MVP choice? Get out of here with that!

Even before he got hurt in week 1, he was playing his typical game, where he is so-so for most of the game then hits a WR on a deep ball so his stats look more impressive. 

Plus Lefleur is obnoxious as hell. 

Edited by TheFunPolice