What teams do you root against

Chas56

The Cowboys.

Undeserved sense of royalty.

When I was but a pup I got an electric football game for Christmas. I ordered Bills and Cowboy jersey decals and put them on.

Time after time in my games the Bills destroyed them

Then........weird situation that I won't go into, but it involved over confidence, the person I was playing against won it for the Cowboys, though it was really my fault.

Anyway, theses players/figures were made out of plastic.

The next day I melted the Cowboy figure who scored for their win. 

Well the Bills are my main/first team. Other than that, I like the Commanders second (lived in Virginia for sometime and have friends who are huge fans) and Cardinals third (Pat Tillman was a hero of mine and I really liked watching Kurt Warner). 

I actively root against every other team and hope they all fail. 

I used to like the Panthers when they had Cam Newton as his playing style was so fun to watch. Glad Allen has his physicality but better accuracy. 

Edited by ProcessImproverMan

Dallas and Miami are the only teams that I could absolutely never root for under any circumstances. 

Lately, Cincy is on my list because Burrow is a massive doosh. This has countered the empathy I once felt for their fan base. 

Otherwise: Unless they are playing the aforementioned three teams, I will be rooting against:

• the Pats - For their fan base, to be clear. Not for their success, which I begrudgingly respected.
  • The Jets - Because they are pathetic downstate trashmongers.
  • The Jags - Because Jacksonville. 
  • Carolina - A generic team from a soulless city. 
  • Ravens - Because of their origin story (and cheesy logo), I can never consider them a legitimate NFL franchise. 

After that, it's mostly cold indifference, with a handful teams I have a soft spot for. 

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Sweats said:

Without fail i almost always root against any AFC team, especially KC and in the NFC, it's Dallas (but this week i want Dallas to win) so you can see my suffering going on here.

For me it s close.

AAFCE opponent

KC

Dallas

Other than that, I just take it game by game.  We have too many Cowgirl fans down here and they make me sick with as many excuses on their perpetual mediocre playoff appearances.

• Like (+1) 1

• All AFC East teams
  • Pittsburgh
  • Dallas
  • Kansas City
  • Philadelphia
  • Cincinnati

All of these with the caveat that I will root for those teams if them winning will be advantageous to the Bills in the standings.  These are all teams that either have overbearing, obnoxious fanbases, or teams that are currently thorns in the Bills' side, and in some cases, both.  I was going to specify which teams fit each category, but I don't think that's necessary with this audience.

Some teams may come and go based on their current staff and players.  For example, I rooted against the Bears when Jay Cutler was their QB and against the Cardinals when Kliff Kingsbury was their head coach.  I just couldn't stand those guys and did not want to see them win.

Edited by msw2112

14 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Miami, New England, Dallas, Jacksonville, Jets, Kansas City

Yankees, Mets, Braves

Flyers, Bruins, Canadiens, Maple Loaves

Tonight is a Giant Meteor game. Can't root for either team so I root for a giant meteor.

My Mets! Oh, no!!!

If it wasn't for the two SB losses in the 90s I really wouldn't have a problem with the Cowboys.  Aside from us, Giants, Commanders, and Eagles (plus maybe the Niners and Packers) I don't understand the overwhelming hate Dallas gets.

It would be harder for me to root for NE if they were playing a team we need to lose.  It was just the year-after-year dominance over such a long period of time that ended up driving me towards more disdain for them than I had towards the Cowboys.

Fortunately, I can't imagine any of us having an issue rooting for the Vikings and Falcons this weekend.

6 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Pittsburgh 

If you lived anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic during the 90s and 2000s, it was almost impossible to run into a worse group of fans than Steeler guys. Obnoxious doofuses who thought putting on a faded Greg Lloyd jersey actually made them members of the team.