What teams do you root against

Chas56

I've been a Bills fan for decades, since the 60s. I was reading a post about rooting interests in the Baltimore-Dallas game got me thinking about past grievances and rooting for today's best interest saying that they were rooting for Dallas but throwing up in their mouths while doing it. Remembering the 90s Superbowls, the 0 for the Seventies Miami run, and more recently, the  Patriots dominating the Bills and cheating their asses off, when do we let the past go? I understand that a Dallas win is better for the Bills this week, but I just can't get there. I remember the pain of those two Super Bowl losses too much. Am I living too much in the past?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

In any game with Dallas and an AFC opponent, I root for the AFC team to lose … but not for a Dallas win. 

My rooting interests are always rooting for any possible obstacle to the Bills getting to the Super Bowl to lose. 

Like tonight … I’m rooting for the jets to lose because they’re a bigger threat than the Patriots (IMO). 

But I’m not rooting for the Pats to win. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I don’t care about the Patriots cheating.

maybe they were, maybe they weren’t, but they just happened to get caught filming someone else.

I’m sure it happens very often.

even if you know what’s coming, you still need to stop it.

not much different that watching film.

I never thought that I would ever root for a Boston team again in my life, and I wouldn't really consider it to be rooting for them now.  But go Patriots tonight.

My answer is that it constantly changes based on the scenarios and how the seasons play out.

19 minutes ago, gtw3 said:

I never thought that I would ever root for a Boston team again in my life, and I wouldn't really consider it to be rooting for them now.  But go Patriots tonight.

My answer is that it constantly changes based on the scenarios and how the seasons play out.

So a lot like Simon. I can see it. 

Wow - no Giants yet. I can't get over Wide Right. That second half drive that took 10 minutes off the clock lives in my nightmares. I always root against the Giants.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The Philadelphia Eagles and the Miami Dolphins. Every other team it is entirely situation and personnel dependent. And I have a sneaky soft spot for the Saints. They are kinda my NFC rooting interest to the extent I have one.

What did the Eagles do to you? 

3 minutes ago, Chas56 said:

What did the Eagles do to you? 

I hate them. Like seriously hate them. Their fans. Their entitlement. All of their coaches. It started in the Reid era and I thought I hated Coach Reid. Then he went to KC and even though they beat us every year in the playoffs I feel no anger towards him. It isn't Reid. It's the organisation. I wanted the Patriots to win both Superbowl matchups and I am not embarrassed to say it. ***** the Philadelphia ***** Eagles.

• Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I hate them. Like seriously hate them. Their fans. Their entitlement. All of their coaches. It started in the Reid era and I thought I hated Coach Reid. Then he went to KC and even though they beat us every year in the playoffs I feel no anger towards him. It isn't Reid. It's the organisation. I wanted the Patriots to win both Superbowl matchups and I am not embarrassed to say it. ***** the Philadelphia ***** Eagles.

I would definitely add Philly as honorable mention.  They teach their young spawn to flip the bird to opposing fans....they're passionate yet disgusting at the same time.