Anyone down to help me with a football pool at work?

Gman10

We do a little pool at work, winner gets free breakfast every week...two games Im having issues with GB (+3.5) at Tennessee (-3.5) and Lions(-3.5) at Arizona(+3.5). Who are you guys leaning towards for each game with the spread?

I like TN, but at the actual spread of -2, 3.5 makes it tougher.

TN has a solid defense and if their QB doesn't make two of the dumbest plays I've ever seen they are likely 2-0. 

This is assuming Love is out. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

Both of those games could go either way, IMO.

Green Bay won with Willis last week, although it was really more in spite of Willis...they ran for over 250 yards against the Colts. I doubt they can do that against a very good front in Tennessee. I would expect a lot of 3rd and long situations for the Packers and Willis has been mostly brutal in those situations in the games I watched. Then again, Tennessee has Levis who seemingly is good for one back-breaking turnover a week that turns the tide of the game and turns it into a loss.

I would expect a low scoring game and one that could be decided by a FG or by a defensive TD. Hard to really pick either team with confidence against that point spread, but if I *HAD* to, I would probably take Green Bay because I simply think they are the better team and can force Levis into more mistakes than GB will allow Willis to make. I could see it being similar to the game they played last week where they beat Indy 16-10.

I would be inclined to take Zona with the points in the other game especially since they are at home and have looked very good offensively.  Lions are honestly a better team but they seem to be kinda meh thru the first 2 weeks of the year needing OT to beat the Rams in a game they probably should have lost and then actually losing to the Bucs at home and not being very good offensively scoring only 16 points.

Honestly, I think Zona might win that game straight up, so I would probably take Zona. That being said, Detroit certainly is a better overall team, but they haven't been playing like it yet this year.

• Like (+1) 2

I’d personally wait on GB as there are reports Love has a shot to play. If he doesn’t I take the Titans 3.5

I like Arizona +3.5 at home. Mind you I’m a 50/50 sports gambler so only one of these is going to be correct haha. 

I still admonish my wife as before the NCAA tournament 2 years ago I wanted to put 1,000 dollars on UConn to win the national title at +2500. Didn’t want to piss her off but lost out on 25k. I’m still salty about it 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I think that the Lions are great. I picked them before the season to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. They should win easily imo.

Same, taking that L last week tho

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Tenn is now -1.5 and I would take the Titans.  At -3.5 it's dicey and a coin flip because i can see Tenn winning by a FG.

I'd go with Arizona +3.5

Both QBs stink in that first matchup so... its likely who stinks less.  Willis didn't hurt them last week but... 

I would also go with Arizona, though i fear detroit runs it all over them.  It's also an indoor road game for detroit, and Goff plays much better indoors than outdoors.  

48 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Both QBs stink in that first matchup so... its likely who stinks less.  Willis didn't hurt them last week but... 

I would also go with Arizona, though i fear detroit runs it all over them.  It's also an indoor road game for detroit, and Goff plays much better indoors than outdoors.  

Yeah, it would be typical Cardinals to look decent vs a good Bills team, destroy the Rams to get everyone's hopes up....then get steamrolled by Detroit at home. 

Based on what we've seen from him in the past, it seems like a statistical impossibility for Malik Willis to engineer two NFL wins in a row.  

I'd go GB and Arizonia. 

Willis was actually decent for GB last week, meanwhile, Levis has looked awful.  Throw in the fact that his WRs have also been subpar, and his top RB seemingly is Tony Pollard.  Tenn D is great, but I don't think good enough.  

Arizonia played well against us, and then obliterated LA.  I think with the points they have the edge over the Lions.  Can the Lions win, yes, but the points tip me to AZ.  

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I think that the Lions are great. I picked them before the season to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. They should win easily imo.

Arizona is forreal though, Lions haven't looked as expected through 2 games imo, I'm thinking about slamming Ari Moneyline 

4 hours ago, Gman10 said:

We do a little pool at work, winner gets free breakfast every week...two games Im having issues with GB (+3.5) at Tennessee (-3.5) and Lions(-3.5) at Arizona(+3.5). Who are you guys leaning towards for each game with the spread?

Do you want free breakfast, or have Cheerios every morning?

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I'd go GB and Arizonia. 

Willis was actually decent for GB last week, meanwhile, Levis has looked awful.  Throw in the fact that his WRs have also been subpar, and his top RB seemingly is Tony Pollard.  Tenn D is great, but I don't think good enough.  

Arizonia played well against us, and then obliterated LA.  I think with the points they have the edge over the Lions.  Can the Lions win, yes, but the points tip me to AZ.  

Come on, man......you've got my OCD kicking in high gear here.

• Haha (+1) 1