MENU -- Jags in Buffalo Monday Night September 23rd -- JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS -- What's on Your Plate?

HIT BY SPIKES

23 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

7 lbs of fresh whole chicken wings now marinating at the back of the fridge marinating until Monday in that Korean Kimchi Wing Sauce.

NOT going to fry them.

Going to grill or smoke them on the Big Green Egg.

Fresh raw shrimp acquired for the Shrimp and Grits.

I have a smaller version of the egg (Kamado Joe Jr.), but have never tried smoking wings. Do you get any issues with the wings sticking to the grate? 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We are doing Italian Beef sandwiches. With it being a Monday Night game everyone comes at such random times. It’s hard to figure out what to do. I wanted to do something in a crockpot so that it doesn’t matter when people arrive. We are heading out about 3 but it seems like people will be later tomorrow.

A crockpot is always a good idea but it is typically for colder weather and tomorrow night should be beautiful in OP unless it rains.

Wait...Is the forecast for rain?

Crockpot Soup would work then.

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup always goes over well.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

A crockpot is always a good idea but it is typically for colder weather and tomorrow night should be beautiful in OP unless it rains.

Wait...Is the forecast for rain?

Crockpot Soup would work then.

Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup always goes over well.

It’s going to rain during the day. It’s going to be 62-72 so nice enough after. We usually bust out the crock pots (soups & dips) when the weather worsens. I was struggling g with what to do with the random arrivals. Wegmans subs was the other option. I found this recipe though and it looks pretty good. It was pretty cheap too. We have a big group and rotate hosting. It can get costly so this was nice. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stinky finger said:

Bread and water as I am currently in the hoosegow.

Hang in there brethren.

Life will get better starting with tonight when the Bills win to start the season at 3-0.

Plus unlike me, you won't have Bum Bum Burning on Tuesday Morning from this super hot looking Jacksonville Korean Chicken Wings.

3 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Hang in there brethren.

Life will get better starting with tonight when the Bills win to start the season at 3-0.

Plus unlike me, you won't have Bum Bum Burning on Tuesday Morning from this super hot looking Jacksonville Korean Chicken Wings.

Being in the hoosegow, I spend much of my time preventing my BUM BUM from being treated like the Mass Pike at rush hour traffic. Dare I say, a little Korean Gumbo would serve as reminder that my KEESTER is an exit, not an entry.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dukestreetking said:

@HIT BY SPIKES If you get a chance, please post image of the final JKC wings or, hell, even what they look like in the marinade. Very interesting approach: well done, sir.

I would love to Duke however I simply don't know how to post photos here.

Any assistance and I would gladly do it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

No worries. I'll just imagine the great flavors...and the JKC Wings franchises, soon to open.

This may be one of THE best meals I ever made.

The wings are outstanding.

I gave each wing a good shake before I put it on the grill and kept all the marinate.  Put it in my blender for a minute and used it to brush the wings liberally after they were almost cooked on the grill for another 5 minutes on each side.  Caramelized real nice.

The shrimp I marinated this morning in fresh lemon and lime juice, some spices and some Frank's.  Threw them in once the grits/polenta was done and stirred themin.  The heat of the grits/polenta cooked the raw shrimp.  Very yummy.

Finally I found some 50% discounted Buffalo Steaks on Saturday Morning and marinated them in no salt steak spice, lemon juice and olive oil.  Seared them at 600F and they were so tender.

Plenty of left overs so the family, friends and I will be eating very well this week.

• Awesome! (+1) 1