Why not trade for a dependable kicker?

Why not trade Bass and a pick to a team that has no chance at making the playoffs this year but has a good kicker. I have zero issues sending even as high as a 5th or 4th rounder or even higher if they take Bass and his contract. There has to be a team that has a good kicker but would rather have a pick to build up their team knowing a good kicker is waaaaay down on their priority list. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Why not trade Bass and a pick to a team that has no chance at making the playoffs this year but has a good kicker. I have zero issues sending even as high as a 5th or 4th rounder or even higher if they take Bass and his contract. There has to be a team that has a good kicker but would rather have a pick to build up their team knowing a good kicker is waaaaay down on their priority list. 

Who is the kicker you’re thinking of and the Bills are going to trade and player AND a 4th round pick for him??

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Who is going to trade for a kicker on that contract for 3 more years? Where do people come up with this stuff?

Another Madden GM?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Are good kickers way down on the priority list? There are teams that have blown games over the course of multiple seasons because they couldn't pin one down for awhile.

Bass is still a starting kicker in this league.  Despite his struggles, he is not a bottom 5 or maybe not even a bottom 10 kicker.  There are not that many definitive upgrades from him, and very few (if any) that would both be an upgrade and not have playoff hopes.  I share the trepidation that he is not what he was, but he has looked good so far this season and there is no reason to think we need to (or can) upgrade at any cost.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Look at it like this, Who is going to trade away the guy who will end up scoring the most points for their team over the season? 

15 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

No team is trading their kicker to the Bills.  Might as well ask them to trade their best WRs too.  

Hmmm... Baltimore is 0-2... 🤔 

Mr. Decosta may we have Justin Tucker & Zay Flowers for Tyler Bass & a 4th round pick, please & thank you? Sincerely, Big Balls Beane.

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Who is going to trade for a kicker on that contract for 3 more years? Where do people come up with this stuff?

Another Madden GM?

Don't know about Madden, but I've seen stuff like this in Fantasy, which is basically like being an NFL GM for real. 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Hmmm... Baltimore is 0-2... 🤔 

Mr. Decosta may we have Justin Tucker & Zay Flowers for Tyler Bass & a 4th round pick, please & thank you? Sincerely, Big Balls Beane.

Don't know about Madden, but I've seen stuff like this in Fantasy, which is basically like being an NFL GM for real. 

Yeah...it's not at all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d offer a 2nd for Butker!  The chiefs would decline.  That dude is so important to them winning 

I want that kid from Dallas. 2 first rounders and a second to Dallas for him.

Edited by Beast
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I'm afraid Bass leaving points on the field will cost the Bills games this year. Hopefully not in the playoffs where every point comes at a premium.

But, respectfully, I don't see this trade scenario happening. Though, I also thought Diggs couldn't be untraded. So there's that.