Rasul Douglas and Christian Benford one of the top tandems in the NFL?

GolfandBills

4 hours ago, GrimboG said:

I say let's give it a few more weeks. 2 games is a small sample size. 

I love how much Benford is delivering for a 6th rounder though! Seems to be a legit top 20 CB. 

Is Elam going to get a look this season? 

I’m sure someone will get injured and he’ll get some run.  Let’s hope it’s only for a couple games.  I want to see what a McDermott D can do in the playoffs with two legit healthy corners.  Not Levi, Dane and Douglas on a sprained ankle.  

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Benford early in this season has been at worst a top 10 corner probably top 5. Douglas has been pretty solid as well so I would agree and they have played solid weapons and QBs. Not the elite but good 

Kyler dominated last week.  The cardinals weapons are very good imo.  The dolphins weapons are better.  

We are very fortunate to be in this situation, considering the demise of Tre White and the malaise of Kaiir Elam. Hats off to Beane and co. for managing to replace  an enormous amount of unrealized potential with a trade and a day 3 pick. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

You mean a player like this? Must have been the old "Bobby Wagner" audible that left him confused 😂

Side note... Ed Oliver at the 24 second mark is an all-time classic random Bills moment 😂😂

More proof Josh is overrated.

I did find it interesting that Sauce Gardner (and Tre White) were in the loser portion of the graphic above.

Also, it's not really a small sample size.  Benford was excellent last season as well.  Douglas made an immediate impact when he got here.  This is Douglas' 13th game as a Bill (regular + playoffs), including 11 starts (1 game inactive).  That's not really a small sample size any longer.    Benford/Douglas starter together 7 times last season as well.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan

9 hours ago, GrimboG said:

I say let's give it a few more weeks. 2 games is a small sample size. 

I love how much Benford is delivering for a 6th rounder though! Seems to be a legit top 20 CB. 

Is Elam going to get a look this season? 

I think it's officially time to seriously start shopping Elam for a trade. They obviously aren't playing him anytime soon. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, warrior9 said:

The Jets .... I would put them up there with us, for sure. Carter in the slot is very VERY good, Sauce is a top 5 or so corner, and DJ Reed has played VERY well and is incredibly underrated

Sauce is a thug and shouldn't scare anyone.......holds on every play and how he gets away with it is beyond me.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, jahnyc said:

Did we ever get an update on Taron Johnson's injury or the timeline until he will return?

NO!  But, he wasn't put in IR, so apparently not a break.  Some sort of soft tissue injury.  Of course, he could still be out 4 or more weeks depending on healing.

15 hours ago, skibum said:

We are very fortunate to be in this situation, considering the demise of Tre White and the malaise of Kaiir Elam. Hats off to Beane and co. for managing to replace  an enormous amount of unrealized potential with a trade and a day 3 pick. 

HOw has White done in LA? Starting cb I think!

PFF has Benford ranked as the Top Cornerback in the league through the first two weeks of the season.  He ranks first in what they call their advanced coverage grade, which measures how well they cover to force QB's to throw elsewhere.

Hope Beane has this factored into his salary cap future planning.

I say Benford is a top 5 corner and Douglas is a top 10. Pass rushers are getting going. So we only need our LB to be dominate against the run and watch out. I think this defense has the potential to be the best unit under McDermott (with Milano and Bernard)