Rasul Douglas and Christian Benford one of the top tandems in the NFL?

GolfandBills

I say let's give it a few more weeks. 2 games is a small sample size. 

I love how much Benford is delivering for a 6th rounder though! Seems to be a legit top 20 CB. 

Is Elam going to get a look this season? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GrimboG said:

I love how much Benford is delivering for a 6th rounder though! Seems to be a legit top 20 CB. 

Remember more than two weeks only applies when results are good - when they are bad even for a play time to cut.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Special K said:

If you throw in a healthy Taron Johnson at nickel, does anyone have a better top 3??

The Jets .... I would put them up there with us, for sure. Carter in the slot is very VERY good, Sauce is a top 5 or so corner, and DJ Reed has played VERY well and is incredibly underrated

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Punching Bag said:

Remember more than two weeks only applies when results are good - when they are bad even for a play time to cut.

It's so true.. 

one bad game, "sky is falling"

two great games, "let's not get ahead ourselves"

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Benford early in this season has been at worst a top 10 corner probably top 5. Douglas has been pretty solid as well so I would agree and they have played solid weapons and QBs. Not the elite but good 

Hill and Waddle are not elite?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GrimboG said:

This sample goes beyond two games 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, GrimboG said:

It's been more than two games; this has been going on for a long while, imo.

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

The Jets .... I would put them up there with us, for sure. Carter in the slot is very VERY good, Sauce is a top 5 or so corner, and DJ Reed has played VERY well and is incredibly underrated

image.thumb.jpeg.e06c6fd252b1b397862fe8ecee40b0d8.jpeg

In the Benford appreciation thread this chart does not appear to flatter Sauce Garden. I get that it’s only 2 games, but it was interesting. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

image.thumb.jpeg.e06c6fd252b1b397862fe8ecee40b0d8.jpeg

In the Benford appreciation thread this chart does not appear to flatter Sauce Garden. I get that it’s only 2 games, but it was interesting. 

I do think he’s a “little” overrated but still a stud. 

52 minutes ago, Special K said:

If you throw in a healthy Taron Johnson at nickel, does anyone have a better top 3??

Maybe Denver or Seattle?

50 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

The only thing Sauce has been good at is holding this year. If they awarded All-Pro votes for the DB who gets away with holding the most he would be it this year. He has been getting away with murder on some of those plays.  He also has been getting cooked by WRs...watched both Jet games and he hasn't looked good either game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

QB isn’t elite 

He was paid as elite and except in cold weather he was successful under McDaniel.

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe Denver or Seattle?

The only thing Sauce has been good at is holding this year. If they awarded All-Pro votes for the DB who gets away with holding the most he would be it this year. He has been getting away with murder on some of those plays.  He also has been getting cooked by WRs...watched both Jet games and he hasn't looked good either game.

I wish we had a player like Stevie Johnson who could embarrass him so bad that he wished he was playing for a team wearing red to help blush blend in.

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

These guys continue to shut down WRs.  They are both bigger CBs with good athleticism and can play the run very well too.  I think they are easily a top 5 tandem.  What say you?

Well let me say this, they made Waddle & Hill look like rookies last week pretty much shut them down & if you can do that i'd say they are pretty dang good !!! 

• Like (+1) 4