Would Adam Thielen be a good option if another WR is needed?

njbuff

Do you think adding Adam Thielen would be a good move and would you wanna see Beane acquire him before the deadline?

Thielen is 34 years old, but seems to still have a lot left and maybe Allen can use a dependable vet WR, especially since Samuel might not be 100%.

Thoughts?

Edited by njbuff
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 7

I’ve been of the belief that the depth is fine. It’s the top of the depth chart that has a glaring hole.

Thielen isn’t bad. He’s another guy that can come in and be reliable. I actually prefer Diontae Johnson if we are pulling from Carolina. He isn’t the number 1 that we need but is closer to that IMO. He’s a UFA after this year and could be dirt cheap to acquire. You may get him for a late round pick swap as the deadline approaches. Maybe he’s just a rental but who cares if that is the price. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve been of the belief that the depth is fine. It’s the top of the depth chart that has a glaring hole.

Thielen isn’t bad. He’s another guy that can come in and be reliable. I actually prefer Diontae Johnson if we are pulling from Carolina. He isn’t the number 1 that we need but is closer to that IMO. He’s a UFA after this year and could be dirt cheap to acquire. You may get him for a late round pick swap as the deadline approaches. Maybe he’s just a rental but who cares if that is the price. 

Diontae had a habit of dropping passes if I remember correctly 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Do you think adding Adam Thielen would be a good move and would you wanna see Beane acquire him before the deadline?

Thielen is 34 years old, but seems to still have a lot left and maybe Allen can use a dependable vet WR, especially since Samuel might not be 100%.

Thoughts?

Don't know he brings anything to the WR room we don't already have.  If we made a move for a WR, I think I would prefer someone who can push MVS for deep ball snaps as I still don't trust MVS hands.

• Like (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Diontae had a habit of dropping passes if I remember correctly 

Yes, he has had a lot of drops. That’s been his reputation. He has had years of 88, 86 and 107 receptions. He’s not perfect but could help this team.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]

The jury is still out for me.  I need to see one of these games where Josh has to chuck the ball around.  We know Shakir is the man, but if we see Samuel, Keon, Hollins, MVS...getting targeted and making plays we should be fine.   

If some are not getting targeted, to me it means they are not really getting open and making themselves a viable option.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• njbuff changed the title to Would Adam Thielen be a good option if another WR is needed?

No. If we were in need of a #3/#4 veteran leader/receiver and this was the missing piece, then, yes.

But, that is not the team's situation right now. Now, if he has a brother that is both an all pro level middle linebacker and safety, then let's go for it.

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Wizard said:

No. If we were in need of a #3/#4 veteran leader/receiver and this was the missing piece, then, yes.

At the risk of sounding like a jerk, I cannot picture "that guy" ever being the final piece for a team. :D

Thielen had 103 receptions for 1014 yards from Bryce Young last year.

I agree that he’s not a game changer but the dude is 💰 like Beasely was. He will do nothing but find holes in the zone and catch everything thrown his way. And, his attitude is absolutely “ Process guy” compatible. 
    For a seventh rounder I take that deal in a heartbeat.

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Antonio said:

If we are going to get a WR before the deadline it should be a game changing WR, not someone to be in the mix with what we already have. 

Get Adams, Kupp, Evans... Someone like that. 

Why are the 2-0 Bucs trading Evans, a player they just extended.

10 hours ago, BananaB said:

Give it a few games, it’s definitely a possibility. I’m not really sold on Hollins and MVS. In tougher games we’ll see

I gotta imagine Curtis Samuel will emerge as our WR2 after Shakir. Coleman will slowly be developed. Have no clue how consistent or productive Hollins/MVS will be?  We'll be drafting more wrs this April. 

• Like (+1) 1