Bills are winning the battle in the trenches

Magox

1 minute ago, peterpan said:

Maybe it’s not true, but my gut tells me our OL is much better under Brady than Dorsey.  Scheme and coaching (execution) is a big part of it.

we better be careful, Brady is destined to be Carolina’s head coach next year. 

Brady got fired as the OC there in 2020, he knows the culture there and I doubt he’s going back into that 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I actually get a jolt of confidence when I see Josh rolling right. It's when he's at his most lethal. I'm actually MORE confident in him making a big play when I see him roll out than I am when he's standing there in a clean pocket. I'd be willing to bet that if you put together a 10 minute highlight video of Josh Allen's best career plays, the majority of them would come with him bailing from the pocket, clean or not.

If I was a defense, my number one objective going into each Bills game would be "keep Josh Allen from rolling right". Easier said than done, since Josh is what would happen if an elite purebread golden retriever made a baby with a tank. Grown ass man. Must have a hose like a can of tennis balls hangin there. Like an 80s policeman's flashlight hangin there. Like a baby's arm holdin an apple hangin there. The dude absolutely fux.

I wish he was able to roll right on every pass play.  It’s so much fun

8 hours ago, Process said:

Give Beane a lot of credit, he's built a very good O line, starters all locked up for several years, and very nice young depth with starting potential down the road. 

This has been one of my main criticisms of Beane for a while.  If you have a great QB, you need to get him a great bodyguard.  He hadn't done that.  

I think Josh's critics ("he's overrated") don't understand that earlier in his career Josh was often running for his life trying to make things happen.  Although it often looked great in highlights, it sometimes resulted in TOs, sacks, and missed opportunities.  

But, so far this year, the OL has done a very nice job giving Josh time to quickly scan the field and throw.  

I dont think people really expected us to have a top 3 O-line. With all of the offseason discussion around our offense and how it will handle the loss of WR talent, I never heard anyone suggest we can offset WR talent loss with improved O-line play.

But so far thats what we are seeing.

On 9/18/2024 at 11:02 AM, GunnerBill said:

This matches my eye test. The pass pro (a couple of Torrence whiffs apart) has been stellar. The run blocking has been good but a bit less consistent. The pass rush has been really good, better than expected, but we have played two dubious offensive line teams. Hope it holds up as the tests get greater.

As I understand it, the Bills are playing another team with lousy offensive line play.  I don't mind that a bit.