Bills now have the 6th youngest starting lineup in the NFL...

eball

55 minutes ago, eball said:

The Bills are not in cap hell.  They took a one year calculated hit to get Diggs off the team and move on from others.  Next year they'll have a 4M dead cap hit for Tre White but nothing else over 162K (currently).

And where the age on a team is concentrated does indeed matter -- perhaps not for the current season, but when looking ahead.

We aren’t in hell, but its getting kind of hot. Spotrac has them $4M+ over the cap next year before any readjustments.

6 hours ago, eball said:

I think you're missing the point.  Beane specifically moved on from older guys who were both expensive AND weren't getting us over the hump, and so far we haven't seen a dropoff.

Also the guys moved on from were not effective or mediocre last year.  None were hard or complicated decisions. 

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Imagine if we kept Tremaine Edmunds...he's only 19 years old, he'd bring our average down to early 20's.

9 hours ago, Maynard said:

If we still had Edmunds we’d be even lower than 6th. Believe he turned 17 years old this season. 

You're both wrong.

Edmunds turns 19 on May 2nd.

In other words he's 18 years old.

• Like (+1) 1

Starters on O line:
LT Dawksin: 30

LG Edwards 27

C McGovern 26 

LG Torrence 24

RT Brown 26

THat's pretty young. Swapping Morse for McG helped lower the age

Skill starters of offense:

WR Hollins 31 (Coleman in the wings: 21)

TE Kincaid 24

QB Allen 28

RB Cook 24

WR Shakir 24

WR Samuel 28

With Coleman possibly officially starting this year and likely no later than 2025 I don't see how you can't say this is a very young offense.

Starters on D line:

Edge Epenesa 26

DT Oliver 26

DT Jones 32

Edge Rousseau 24

LB

WLB Williams 23 (Milano 30)

MLB Bernard 25

Backfield

NCB Johnson 28

CB Douglas 30 (Elam is 23)

CB Benford 23

S Rapp 26

S Hamlin 26 (Bishop, likely starter by 2025 is 21)

Aside from Jones and Milano and Douglas this is a young group. I figure Milano might start another year before Williams steps in and he's very young; Douglas might be gone in a year and Elam might step in or we draft another CB and Bishop will make the safeties even younger. So I don't see any concern about an aging defense.

ST

Person trying to kick field goals: Bass 27

P: Martin 34

On ST, the two main guys are aging and we may need to replace both, for age and incompetence, very soon. But takes low-value draft capital.

Overall, I think we have a pretty youthful team that should be good for years. Maybe concerns about one CB position and if Coleman doesn't pan out we'll need another high pick at WR and another DT. Very manageable, IMHO.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Like (+1) 1