Bills now have the 6th youngest starting lineup in the NFL...

eball

Disclaimer:  Von Miller doesn't count as a starter.

After being one of the older starting rosters in the league a year ago, this speaks to how well Beane is transitioning this team for the future while still keeping them a legitimate competitor for the Lombardi.

KC has done it also -- which sucks.

Miami, meanwhile, has a starting roster older than dirt.

We're lucky to have Big Baller Beane pulling the strings.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

1 minute ago, boater said:

Young = cheap. The Bills needed cheap this year.

Sure, but young = cheap doesn't always = good.. which seems to be what we are.  

And yes, much of that is due to having Josh Allen, but through two weeks, we have one of the best OL's in football, one of the best DL's, an elite outside corner tandem and our three most important skill players (Kincaid, Shakir & Cook) on rookie contracts.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Bookies used the age of their projected 53 man roster.  Eball averaged the age of starters.

Exactly.  Well written Hondo.  Badoll nothing on you as it is a good thing to have veteran depth.  They can add not only as plug and play, but also in terms of leadership and guidance to younger players.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Disclaimer:  Von Miller doesn't count as a starter.

After being one of the older starting rosters in the league a year ago, this speaks to how well Beane is transitioning this team for the future while still keeping them a legitimate competitor for the Lombardi.

KC has done it also -- which sucks.

Miami, meanwhile, has a starting roster older than dirt.

We're lucky to have Big Baller Beane pulling the strings.

Fins have the oldest in the NFL don't they?

16 minutes ago, boater said:

Young = cheap. The Bills needed cheap this year.

I think you're missing the point.  Beane specifically moved on from older guys who were both expensive AND weren't getting us over the hump, and so far we haven't seen a dropoff.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Says here the Bills have the oldest roster in the entire NFL?

https://bookies.com/nfl/picks/nfl-teams-average-age

I don't know anything about "bookies.com" reliability, but Spotrac has the entire Bills team as 12th oldest.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/_/year/2024/sort/players_active_avg_age/dir/desc

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I don't know anything about "bookies.com" reliability, but Spotrac has the entire Bills team as 12th oldest.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/_/year/2024/sort/players_active_avg_age/dir/desc

Guys, please...come reading comprehension would be nice.  The Bills have some older DEPTH players that drive up the overall age of the roster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Sam Martin is 34.

DaQuan Jones is next up at 32.

Dion Dawkins is 30.

Everybody else is in their 20's. 🙂

Pretty awesome. It will look even better in the coming years with the added draft picks.

Rasul is 30

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Guys, please...come reading comprehension would be nice.  The Bills have some older DEPTH players that drive up the overall age of the roster.

I know what the thread was about.  I was letting Badol know that his site and Spotrac differ on the entire teams's age.

A young roster is cheaper, hungrier, they haven't been beaten down with the past ghosts of this team yet, healthier (maybe), etc......this roster will have the time to grow together and build off each other.

Beane is setting this team up right for the future.

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Rasul is 30

Matt Milano is 30.

Taron Johnson is 28.

I don't think the point of the OP was to declare guys like Dorian Williams and Cam Lewis as upgrades, was it @eball?

The Bills are not a "young" team in any regard(starting or in total) when they are healthy.    It's a veteran team, which is fine.   

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Bookies used the age of their projected 53 man roster.  Eball averaged the age of starters.

Yeah I understood that.   I am not sure either of Bookies or @eball are good sources just pointing out that where there is any statistically supportive evidence is with the roster as a whole,  which is NOT young.   Eebs started a "data" thread without any actual data.   Could be fake news or could be significantly skewed by other factors........like current injuries........but who knows because he didn't provide any data.😂

• Like (+1) 2