NFL week 3 QB power Rankings

ryguy101

QB WEEK 3 POWER RANKINGS:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-week-3-qb-power-rankings-bills-josh-allen-rises-to-no-1-jaguars-trevor-lawrence-plummets/

TOP 5:

1. Josh Allen

2. CJ Stroud

3. Patrick Mahomes

4. Lamar Jackson

5. Brock Purdy

BOTTOM 5:

28. Andy Dalton

29. Daniel Jones

30. Malik Willis

31. Bo Nix

32. Skylar Thompson

• Awesome! (+1) 1

You know, I thought there had been a resurgence at QB in the NFL, but looking at that list, I feel like there are a bunch of decent QB's but very few elites. I saw Lamar Jackson at 4 and scoffed a little, but who should be above him from down the list?

Compare the crop of QB's to what we had in 2010. Tom Brady, prime Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, and Phillip Rivers. I'm not sure we'll see another era of QB greats like that again.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

You know, I thought there had been a resurgence at QB in the NFL, but looking at that list, I feel like there are a bunch of decent QB's but very few elites. I saw Lamar Jackson at 4 and scoffed a little, but who should be above him from down the list?

Compare the crop of QB's to what we had in 2010. Tom Brady, prime Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, and Phillip Rivers. I'm not sure we'll see another era of QB greats like that again.

You are 100% right. I really don't know what the difference is between 2010 and now with QB structure

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This can’t be right! I just responded to another thread that said Josh was having a mediocre season. Is the proverbial glass half full or half empty? 😉

This was a CBS article lol

I think that Top 5 will look like that for the next few years, in that order. 

Hate to be that guy, but read Allen's write up. Even at #1, they need to lead the quote with giving somebody else credit (James Cook). They don't do that for anybody else until Herbert at #8. But you could just as easily have done that for any of the other QBs between Allen and Herbert. 

Just saying. 

11 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Carr is too low. He's a better QB than the league has ever given him credit for. 

Until midseason when teams figure him out like always and he goes back to looking meh.  That's the problem with being physically limited...when teams take something away, you don't have the ability to do something else.

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Until midseason when teams figure him out like always and he goes back to looking meh.  That's the problem with being physically limited...when teams take something away, you don't have the ability to do something else.

Even still, I'd rather have Carr on my team than Geno Smith, Stafford (at this point in his career), and Baker. 

Baker I guess is more debatable. He's looking pretty good this year. 

11 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Even still, I'd rather have Carr on my team than Geno Smith, Stafford (at this point in his career), and Baker. 

Baker I guess is more debatable. He's looking pretty good this year. 

Stafford is just old at this point...in his prime he was unquestionably better than any of those names you mentioned.

Regardless, I don't think you are going anywhere in the playoffs with any of these QBs...Stafford mainly because of his age, not ability as he obviously won a SB once he escaped that iteration of Detroit