Oh boy: Bills worked out 2 Kickers

Big Blitz

22 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Where you getting those numbers? He only attempted 6 last season from 40-49yds…?

lets say you are right, there’s no way he finishes above 80%. pretty sure they wouldnt have him back 

he also kicked 29 attempts on the whole year.

These are the numbers for his last 17 games including playoffs.

20/29 overall.  5 of 10 from 40-49 and 1 of 3 from 50+

Edited by NBDawg15

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I am all for working out kickers...but this is the best they could find?  There has to be a better option out there to try out.  Hell, humor us with a Youtube trick kicker for all I care, just give us some hope there will be an improvement at least.

Just call Coghlin or Szmyt.  These 2 UFL guys look projectable.  York or Carlson do nothing for me.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tyler's best season was his first. He kicked 87% and was accurate beyond 50+.  It's been downhill since. He's had 2 seasons at 82% which puts you at the bottom of the NFL.  This team made a mistake on his extension and now they're on the verge of paying for that mistake.  We're going to probably draft another PK this April. It will be up to McB as to how much dead cap we eat?

His best season was his 3rd, after which they extended him.  He made 27 of 31 kicks, with 2 of the misses being blocked and one a 55 yarder.  He fell apart after that season.

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

Cade York who was just let go from the Commanders for being god awful and missing kicks in the opener. Lol. 

I’m glad they are giving Bass a little wake up call here with these kicker workouts, but I’m highly doubtful they will find anyone worthwhile on the kicker scrap heap. Hopefully Bass becomes a little less comfortable and starts kicking better. If so, mission accomplished. 

The guy that replaced York in Washington just kicked 7 FGs in a game. There are more than 32 guys that can kick at the NFL level. Be interesting to see if one of these guys gets added to the PS

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Eek.  So Carlson was 7 of 11 from 40+ yds and missed 5 XPs last year.  That's worse than Bass

In 2022 Cade York was 9 of 12 from 30-39 yds 10 of 15 from longer

In terms of history, neither an improvement

Surprised the Bills didn't work out a LB or 2

The Falcons kicker, Koo, was cut by the chargers for missing a bunch of kicks. Sat out a year and came back and is one of the best in the league now. Sometimes guys need to get away for a bit and they come back even better

I’m just glad they are acknowledging that they need to have a plan

Giants lost a game this weekend because they didn’t have a plan at kicker

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, colin said:

this makes me think bass has some kind of injury or something.

his play has been poor enough to have done this last year, but im guessing something more immediate/material is afoot.

sucks that dude isn't bassomatic anymore

There’s an unwritten rule that anytime we give a kicker a nickname he has to become inconsistent. Hausch Money, Bassomatic

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The guy that replaced York in Washington just kicked 7 FGs in a game. There are more than 32 guys that can kick at the NFL level. Be interesting to see if one of these guys gets added to the PS

The Falcons kicker, Koo, was cut by the chargers for missing a bunch of kicks. Sat out a year and came back and is one of the best in the league now. Sometimes guys need to get away for a bit and they come back even better

That's a nice thought but in fact, York got away for a year and did not come back better, or the Commanders wouldn't have cut his ass.

The Carlson guy could be good.  His brother is good so the genes are there lol.

McDermott is fed up with the Bass-o-matic.   Like many holiday gifts, you get sick of them after a while.

59 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

A lot of kickers weirdly just need a Change of scenery. I don’t quite get it. But many take off at their second or third stops. 

Hence why Bass will likely end up somewhere else quickly, and absolutely ball out.  And we will be left wondering why he couldn't do that here?!?

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Billznut said:

Cade York who was just let go from the Commanders for being god awful and missing kicks in the opener. Lol. 

I’m glad they are giving Bass a little wake up call here with these kicker workouts, but I’m highly doubtful they will find anyone worthwhile on the kicker scrap heap. Hopefully Bass becomes a little less comfortable and starts kicking better. If so, mission accomplished. 

And didn't the guy who replaced him hit 7 FGs this weekend?

52 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Just call Coghlin or Szmyt.  These 2 UFL guys look projectable.  York or Carlson do nothing for me.

"Matt Coghlin ended the regular season as the league leader in field goal percentage! He went 16 for 17 with his longest FG being from 57 yards!" .... I would take that %, and distance ability.

"Andre Szmyt spent this spring with the St. Louis Battlehawks, where he was excellent, making 19 of his 21 field goal attempts. He had a long of 61 yards and was four of five from 50 yards and beyond." .... And this as well.

Not only has Bass been inaccurate, but McDermott has no faith in him on anything over 50 yards. It's time to get a kicker who hits the long ones.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

They're not gonna cut bass. This is simply the front office sending a message to bass. Hopefully it works 

Honestly, what’s the message? Stop sucking? 😂 What’s the psychology at play?

It‘s not like he has to study more or improve his calf or something. Everyone 

knows most guys on the roster are replaceable at the blink of an eye

Beane is the best GM in the AFC East, but his special teams decisions have been disappointing. It’s time to search the planet high and low for an ace kicker with balls of steal… LET’S GO