Oh boy: Bills worked out 2 Kickers

Big Blitz

Cade York who was just let go from the Commanders for being god awful and missing kicks in the opener. Lol. 

I’m glad they are giving Bass a little wake up call here with these kicker workouts, but I’m highly doubtful they will find anyone worthwhile on the kicker scrap heap. Hopefully Bass becomes a little less comfortable and starts kicking better. If so, mission accomplished. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, colin said:

this makes me think bass has some kind of injury or something.

his play has been poor enough to have done this last year, but im guessing something more immediate/material is afoot.

sucks that dude isn't bassomatic anymore

potentially injured himself on that slip of the plant foot on the turf? Calf strain/quad strain?

• Like (+1) 4

They want a kicker for the practice squad, so that if Bass keeps wildly shanking kicks like the one he shanked in Miami, they'll have someone who's had a bit of time in their operation waiting in the wings.

GOSH I hope Bass gets over his Yips. Kicker psychology is such a weird and inexplicable thing.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think the Bills could even waive Bass if they wanted to...his cap hit would put them over the cap. Cap hit would be $7.4 million plus the cost to sign another kicker.

Such a stupid extension. And so I'll prepared for what they obviously saw last year. We can't get out of his contact this season, but maybe next season w/ a 3M dead hit.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

They want a kicker for the practice squad, so that if Bass keeps wildly shanking kicks like the one he shanked in Miami, they'll have someone who's had a bit of time in their operation waiting in the wings.

GOSH I hope Bass gets over his Yips. Kicker psychology is such a weird and inexplicable thing.

It is, and unfortunately very few kickers come back strong after a huge postseason miss like he had.